Advanced Search

Gen 4?

Recent Forums Main Forum Gen 4?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jake
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 0

Hi All,

Has there been any news about a Gen 4? I am very close to buying a set, but naturally if the Gen 4 is around the corner I want to hold out. I wasn’t able to find anything about it, but I noticed Gen 3 was released in 2017 and maybe someone on here knows something?

Expidia
    Participant
    • Topics: 47
    • Replies: 339

Hi Jake.  Welcome to the forum.  Your best bet is to go right to the horses mouth and ask Clay the owner of the Wicked Edge system.

If you click on the thread link below and scroll down to post #53419 (Numbered on right side ) you will see his pic.  Then click on his member name “Wicked Edge”  and another page opens and then click on “private message” and ask him your question.  He pops into various threads with likes and comments from time to time.

https://knife.wickededgeusa.com/forums/topic/shun-knife-bess-edge-on-up-sharpness-out-of-the-box/

He will respond back to you but he may be at a blade show and then it takes him a little longer.  Post back in your thread to let others know what he said about bringing out the next generation.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    -Kiku-
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 9

Ditto.  I am in the same situation as the OP.  Given the issues with the current Generation 3 Pro, one of them being that adjustment screws become loose during use, I am waiting for the release of Generation 4 that has most, if not all, of the flaws from Generation 3 Pro fixed.

cmyhero
    Participant
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 26

I spoke to Kyle and he sent me some small plastic bearings that I put in the adjustment area and no more problems with coming loose.

airscapes
    Participant
    • Topics: 19
    • Replies: 367

I spoke to Kyle and he sent me some small plastic bearings that I put in the adjustment area and no more problems with coming loose.

Can you expand on that?  What do they look like and were are they placed exactly?

cmyhero
    Participant
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 26

if I was to guess the bearing are 5mm unless they make a 5.5mm as the thumb screw seems to be 6mm??

• This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by cmyhero. Reason: clarity
    tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

Back in mid-July, Clay announced that they’re working to release an upgrade of the micro-adjust locking system.  Basically, they’re adopting the larger locking nuts we’ve been passing around here on the forum for a couple years.  I’m not sure if they’ve decided to treat it as a warranty replacement or to sell it as an upgrade.  Certainly, new sales will include the upgrade after they roll it out.  I’m sure that new sales before roll-out would be treated as warranty items, so you could decide to wait for the new version, or buy now and deal with the exchange of parts later.  In any case, you should check with Kyle (customer service).

Clay’s “announcement” shows up here: https://knife.wickededgeusa.com/forums/topic/micro-adjust-question/page/2/#post-54644

2 users thanked author for this post.
    One Mile Up
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 1

I’m finding myself in the same boat… so I called and talked to Kyle.

He informed me that “nothing is in the works for a new system at this time or even in the next year – we have been really happy with the performance of the Gen 3 system”.

He _did_ also bring up the micro-adjusters — to make sure that whatever system I’m buying is “the newest revision of the Gen 3 Pro system”.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.