Advanced Search

FYI, we're moving the forum to new hosting, but nothing should change

Recent Forums Main Forum Suggestion Box Forum Usability Notes and Requests FYI, we're moving the forum to new hosting, but nothing should change

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    developer (ChrisB)
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 52
    • Replies: 263

We’re moving the forum to a new hosting company. We’re doing this to get a higher level of customer support for our ‘backend’ wordpress needs.

In a perfect world, this change will be ‘invisible’ to forum users; everything should look and work exactly the same.

But… It’s more likely we’ll hit a couple of glitches, which we’ll work quickly to correct, as they appear.

I’ll update this topic to let you know the exact time we’re going to flip the switch. Then, please reply to this topic if/when you notice any problems.

Thanks,
    Chris

Working to make knife.wickededgeusa.com a great forum!

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

Chris I tried to send you a PM this morning and it didn’t recognize your address?

Does this mean we won’t be using “WordPress” after the change?

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

developer (ChrisB)
    Keymaster

Chris I tried to send you a PM this morning and it didn’t recognize your address? Does this mean we won’t be using “WordPress” after the change?

We’ll still be on wordpress, just different servers and different backend support.

I’m not sure why it wouldn’t recognize my address, I haven’t changed anything on my profile, and currently we’re still on the same hosting.

Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

Chris, I tried it again.  I type “devel” and it brings up: “developer (ChrisB) (developer)”   I select this.  When I try to send it says: “Message could not be sent because you have entered an invalid username. Please try again.”

I tried ChrisB, same thing??? same message.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

developer (ChrisB)
    Keymaster

MarcH – I received your PM, and just to share the resolution you found, you just have to go with the username, and not the names that come after it, in parentheses.

3 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.