Advanced Search

Found on Ebay .. Knock-off ??

Recent Forums Main Forum Off Topic Found on Ebay .. Knock-off ??

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Keith
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 1
    MarcH
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2733

Welcome to the Wicked Edge Forum, Keith.  I wouldn’t presume to know if it’s a knock-off.  I can share with you what I do know about these eBay WEPS.  Some of them are sold by the original machine shops that made parts for Wicked Edge.  They can be prototypes or early pre-release systems assembled from parts over-runs or sub-perfect parts made during the early stages of product development.  From what I can see in the pictures the system is a very early model and possible pre-first release version from I believe before 2016.  The cam action vice is in an open housing with old style parts.  They are using old original style solid jaws.  The system lacks the tension adjustment capability, now incorporated in all standard enclosed vices.  The angle adjustment rod arms ends are the old style used in the earliest versions of that model.

The pair of diamond stone handles included  are a non-standard abrasive grit combination I’ve only seen through these eBay offerings, never seen offered by Wicked Edge. Although these stone handles may predate my Wicked Edge experience.  I don’t see any where if the deal includes rod angle arms.

We all realize that “Original” Latest Released Version WEPS are pricey sharpeners.  Everyone would love to save a bunch.  The thing that worries me is the seller states, “does not accept returns”.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Keith
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 1

Thank you for the reply.  I did notice the difference in the pictures from that one and the one on you site.  But like you said, was trying to save a dollar. ..

I just want to get the good clamp on what ever I purchase.  So it looks like the WE130 would do for me.  I just like a good sharp knife, and do not have the skills of using a stone.  I tried and killed a few knifes.

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.