Advanced Search

Forum Spam Private Message

Recent Forums Main Forum Off Topic Forum Spam Private Message

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

There is a spam private message that has been posted.  I don’t know who or how many forum participants this may involve or effect.  The forum Developer ChrisB has been notified of this situation.  We apologize for the inconvenience.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

3 users thanked author for this post.
    JKingRPh
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 9

I received one which seems strange and somewhat inappropriate.

Inbox
    Starred
    Sent
    Compose
    soniyalove2017@hotmail.com
    Conversation between you and Kristen. Delete
    Kristen Sent 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
    Star
    Nice to meeting you;
    I am Miss Kristen i see your profile on meet and I really love your profile, I have chosen you to my friend. please, I want you to reply directly to my private email at (soniyalove2017@hotmail.com) so that I can give you more of my pics and tell you all about me.

I do not understand what she could see in my profile as there is almost nothing there.    I  most definitely did not reply.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    SDMF74
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 9

I just recieved The same email message to my gmail account! From sonialove2017 wth?

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

It appears the same private message was sent to all members of the Wicked Edge group.  You will receive an email notification to the email address you used in your profile, when you enrolled in the WE forum, anytime you are sent a ” private message” from a WE Forum participant.  This message was not sent to target any individual in particular.  Again, we apologize for any inconvenience.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

Mickey
    Participant
    • Replies: 8

I got it too.

developer (ChrisB)
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 52
    • Replies: 263

Yep, sorry about that, but this spammer made it through. We have been pretty successful at blocking the spammers for the past couple months, but every now and then one of them is willing to put in the effort to make it through the defenses. It’s definitely annoying, but we can’t provide anything 100% effective against the spammers, without making things unusable for legitimate users.

Here’s a chart of how many spammers get blocked per day, by our defenses. Most of these are ‘bots’ that are automated scripts trying to log in, and mostly from eastern bloc countries. But every now and then, someone more local, using a legitimate email address, will put in the effort to sign up as a human.

2018-03-03_22-00-17

Working to make knife.wickededgeusa.com a great forum!

Attachments:
    4 users thanked author for this post.
    Mickey
    Participant
    • Replies: 8

ChrisB – interesting chart. I had no idea there would be that much activity.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.