Advanced Search

Forum issues (recent discussion of issues is moving here)

Recent Forums Main Forum Suggestion Box Forum Usability Notes and Requests Forum issues (recent discussion of issues is moving here)

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    MarcH
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2733

Mr Chris with regards to the PMs, is there a way to make a line break, skip a line, or jump to a new paragraph?  Pressing enter only immediately posts the PMs.   Using the space bar messes up the message. I did try that, too.  I believe at one time pressing “enter” did jump to the next line and did not just send the PM. Thanks

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Well, a slightly different test then. Until now, every time I included myself with @mark76 , I got an email.

Do @cjb80202 , @developer and @MarcH get an email now, too? Apparently it doesn’t work for Clay, but just a test: @wickededge .

And maybe one of the users who is not a moderator could try this, to see whether this feature is restricted to (some) mods only.

I agree, Chris, that it’s a cool feature. Still, I would like it if it were configurable, since I get enough unsolicited mail and I usually visit this forum daily.

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Mark76
    Participant

Until now, every time I included myself with @mark76 , I got an email.

And again, within 10 seconds of posting the previous message, I got an email. How about you Chris (on two accounts), Marc and Clay?

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

I got it this time.

-Clay

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Well, a slightly different test then. Until now, every time I included myself with @mark76 , I got an email. Do @cjb80202 , @developer and @MarcH get an email now, too? Apparently it doesn’t work for Clay, but just a test: @wickededge . And maybe one of the users who is not a moderator could try this, to see whether this feature is restricted to (some) mods only. I agree, Chris, that it’s a cool feature. Still, I would like it if it were configurable, since I get enough unsolicited mail and I usually visit this forum daily.

I got your email, thanks for testing it!

-Clay

MarcH

I got an email, but I had been subscribed to the post. I just unchecked myself with this post.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

Mark76
    Participant

I even got a mail when Clay quoted a message by me, which included “@mark76“.

It seems to be working, at least for the mods. And Marc, just a test now you’ve unchecked yourself from the thread: @MarcH

David
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 37

<!–more–>@tazdrh test

MarcH

I did not get the email from Mark76

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

David
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 37

I did not get email when I did the test @tazdrh

Mark76
    Participant

Weird. The functionality is there, but not everyone get an email. And sometimes people get an email and sometimes not (Clay).

Any idea how this works, Chris?

I would like this option to be configurable, if it is possible and not too much work.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    developer (ChrisB)
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 52
    • Replies: 263

Any idea how this works, Chris? I would like this option to be configurable, if it is possible and not too much work.

I’ll investigate, and see exactly how it works; then I’ll post an explanation. I don’t like it when things are inconsistent, as this seems to be, so far…

Working to make knife.wickededgeusa.com a great forum!

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.