Advanced Search

For sale: Shapton stones for the Wicked Edge

Recent Forums Main Forum Pass Around and Buy / Sell / Trade Want to Sell For sale: Shapton stones for the Wicked Edge

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

I’ve got a number of Shapton stones for the Wicked Edge for sale: 1K, 2K, 5K, 8K, 15K and 30K.

These stones have been used exactly once. So they’re in great condition. They are perfectly flat and very well attached to the WE paddles. They were cut by Ken Schwartz.

Shapton stones are quite hard (so you don’t have to worry about dishing) and they cut very fast. And if you want a toothy edge, a mirror edge or use it for your straight razors, there’s no better option.

I paid $1150 for them and that excluded shipping. I’m offering them here for $500 including shipping world-wide.

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

Mark:  That’s a major discount from your costs after such a short usage.  Are you switching to film?

Mark76
    Participant

He Tom, I mainly use water stones for creating mirror edges. Or for steels like Shirogami I want to get wickedly sharp. But I find I do this less and less. Moreover, one can get semi-mirror edges with the WE diamond paste (after the ceramics).

I realize this is a market of demand and supply. I can imagine the demand is not so high, so therefore I set my price pretty low.

Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

This is an incredible deal for someone… but I do understand as I sold my waterstone lineup for about half price, although they were more used than yours mark, much more used. Those 30k stones are super expensive by themselves!

Mark76
    Participant

They’ve been sold.

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

They’ve been sold.

Congrats! Someone got an awesome deal!

-Clay

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Mark76
    Participant

What I forgot to add: I’m now using the diamond films. They work great and I can get to even finer grits than with the Shaptons, without the hassle. I’m keeping my Choseras, though. I love their feel and the polish they leave.

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.