Advanced Search

FNG introduction – STONE UPDATE

Recent Forums Main Forum Sharpener and Accessory Maintenance Ceramic Stones FNG introduction – STONE UPDATE

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

I’m on tour all day and all night tomorrow so i won’t really have a chance to call Kyle so I have dispatched him an email with pics. hope to hear back. thanks for everyone for the input. i have added portions of this thread to a new thread in the ceramic stone section .. guessing thats where it should belong in the first place.

thanks again! i will post back the outcome for sure

Kyle will definitely be getting back to you today and we’ll have a new set in the mail before our postal carrier picks up at noon MDT.

-Clay

Ryan Hendershott
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 9

If you can relate the breakage to the possibility of having dropped the rod & block onto the base, I’d suggest running a strip of foam tape along the front and back edges. It made for a huge improvement for a couple of us.

I agree with those above who think the streaks are normal for ceramic stones, especially for new ones. More importantly, they shouldn’t make any difference in your results. Spyderco uses their triangle edges as a coarser grit step. When you graduate to using a microscope, you can decide for yourself if the results are correct. Maybe even a $10 loupe will help you decide.

The chipping and delaminating from the base block are clearly faulty products and also like the others, I’m sure that Clay will make that right.

Meanwhile, stay in touch with the forum. These guys know their shit and you’ll learn more than you dreamed of.

I am certain these stones were never dropped or even set down hard. I have a few plano boxes i store my stones in and have been very conscious about how i treat them, especially the ceramics. The first thing i thought to my self when the stone popped off was “what the hell man, i didn’t even drop these” 🙂

I have ordered a few loupes from amazon. they should be here soon.

Ryan Hendershott
    Participant

I’m on tour all day and all night tomorrow so i won’t really have a chance to call Kyle so I have dispatched him an email with pics. hope to hear back. thanks for everyone for the input. i have added portions of this thread to a new thread in the ceramic stone section .. guessing thats where it should belong in the first place.

thanks again! i will post back the outcome for sure

Kyle will definitely be getting back to you today and we’ll have a new set in the mail before our postal carrier picks up at noon MDT.[/quote]

Thanks Clay. He did reply to my email and I sent him the information he requested.

Eamon Mc Gowan
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 513

A person just can not get any better customer service and satisfaction then dealing with Clay and WEPS! :woohoo:

Ryan Hendershott
    Participant

A person just can not get any better customer service and satisfaction then dealing with Clay and WEPS! :woohoo:

couldn’t agree more. Kyle replied immediately asking shipping information to send replacements. Awesome!

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.