Advanced Search

Fish in trade

Recent Forums Main Forum Sharpening as a Business Fish in trade

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Robert Gilvary
    Participant
    • Topics: 12
    • Replies: 53

I sharpened a couple of knives for some trigger fish fillets today. I did those knives and got 10 pounds of trigger fish fillets. Best wages I think I’ll ever get for just two knives I’d have done for $7.00.
    The guy kept bragging about how well his knife was working as he kept cutting those fish. He had two bushel baskets full of them, and just filled a gallon zip lock baggy for me.
    For those that might not know what a trigger fish is, here’s a video of some folks catching them.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuUlsWBDjQI.

tuffy braithwaite
    Participant
    • Topics: 184
    • Replies: 360

tuffff skin birds they are bob..

good job on the knives, u will hear from him again.

Robert Gilvary
    Participant

tuffff skin birds they are bob..

good job on the knives, u will hear from him again.

I did those knives just as you suggested and they cut through that hide with little effort. Of course that man knew how to do it too. Cut the outline of the fillet against the scales then rip off the hide to finish the fillet. He and his sharp knife made it look easy.

DARRELL ALLEN
    Participant
    • Topics: 15
    • Replies: 113

Mighty fine trade you made there Bob………..that Trigger Fish is some sweet tasting meat.

Just got back from a Destin Charter trip last Friday aboard the Anastasia ( great group of guys, HIGHLY recommend them ) and was chatting up the deck hand Richard when we returned and he was filleting our catch…told him how much easier it would be if he had a Wicked Edge on that filet knife he was using. B)

Naturally, he was curious as to what a W.E. was, so I turned him onto the WEPS, showed him my EDC knife ( Kershaw Echelon ) and I think he is going to purchase the Propack 2 for his personal use……….cool ! :cheer:

Caught a few nice trigger fish ourselves, some Mango Snapper, King Mackerel, a couple of really nice Amberjack, etc…….

Attachments:
    tuffy braithwaite
    Participant

triggers like Darrell are great to eat. i likem.

they also have a very odd non-fishy smell to them, especially when several are laying in a pile or box, not like most fish.

Robert Gilvary
    Participant

I had some for supper last night. They were great.

Reminds me of those big copper head bluegills you catch in Lake Okeechobee in that they don’t have that fishy smell to them and are every bit as good to eat.

tuffy braithwaite
    Participant

hey bob
    monday 9:50am

i can not get the crabs forum to open today – u tried it or know why ??

Robert Gilvary
    Participant

It’s working now. Give it a try.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.