Advanced Search

Field and Sport mounted on Vacuum Base

Recent Forums Main Forum Sharpener and Accessory Maintenance Field and Sport mounted on Vacuum Base

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505

Thought I’d share a couple of photos… I picked up one of the Vacuum Base vises at Lowe’s (mentioned elsewhere) and decided to use for mounting the Field and Sport unit. Turns out very simple… just unscrew the baseplate that holds the vise, take out the center bolt, add a washer (so the bolt won’t go thru the hole on the bottom of the F and S unit), and bolt it down!

(Knife is a Kershaw Echelon 1880).

When done, it comes apart and fits nicely in the toolbox I had, along with other stones, etc.

Holds well and works well! Piece of cake! :side: 🙂

Robert Nash
    Participant
    • Topics: 5
    • Replies: 164

Nice – thanks for posting that up. Some time back I’d seen someone use the same base to mount the basic Wicked Edge Sharpener

cbwx34
    Participant

You’re welcome. Yea, that’s where I got the idea from. Nice thing about this… no extra parts are even required. (Took me longer to figure that out, then to actually do it.). :blink:

(The vise/base…)

Attachments:
    Robert Nash
    Participant
    • Topics: 5
    • Replies: 164

Well at least it wasn’t a back and forth from home to the hardware store. Seems like I spend a lot time doing that some days 😛 or buying way too much to make sure I don’t have to go back and forth 😆

Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

You’re welcome. Yea, that’s where I got the idea from. Nice thing about this… no extra parts are even required. (Took me longer to figure that out, then to actually do it.). :blink:

(The vise/base…)

no joke! i mounted my full WEPS to the same vacuum base, but it looks like the F&S works out even better! Mine’s kind of a pain to store… not as “flat”

Rob
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 14

Thought I’d share a couple of photos… I picked up one of the Vacuum Base vises at Lowe’s (mentioned elsewhere) and decided to use for mounting the Field and Sport unit. Turns out very simple… just unscrew the baseplate that holds the vise, take out the center bolt, add a washer (so the bolt won’t go thru the hole on the bottom of the F and S unit), and bolt it down!

(Knife is a Kershaw Echelon 1880).

When done, it comes apart and fits nicely in the toolbox I had, along with other stones, etc.

Holds well and works well! Piece of cake! :side: 🙂

I think and am pretty sure that credit for the original idea was presented by The poster “Changeofseasons”.
    I contacted him and he is sending one my way.

Rmorris7

cbwx34
    Participant

Thanks for the reminder. His “kit” is to mount the original WE on (it’s a little more involved). But you’re right, that’s where I got the idea from.

In fact, just to tie it all together, here’s a quick video of the original version he did…

…and the instructions to do it.

http://www.makeitsharp.com/blog/?p=76

I remember a saying about something being the first thing to go with age… but can’t remember what it was. 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.