Advanced Search

DMT 3 micron stone

Recent Forums Main Forum Product Announcements DMT 3 micron stone

Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Phil Pasteur
    Participant
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 944

I have a similar situation… no place to put the thing in use… or to store it when not in use.
    🙂

Russ Read
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 1

A little off topic, but could you share a bit about your microscope setup and how you are getting the images?

Mikedoh
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 568

Welcome

Clay has a microscope capable of 2000x magnification. How he sets it up, I do not know.

cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505

A little off topic, but could you share a bit about your microscope setup and how you are getting the images?

Welcome to the forum.

Here’s an older thread on the microscope when he first got it you might find interesting… 2000x Microscope.

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

The scope has a built in 10MP camera that connects to the computer via USB. All the USB microscopes have their own software for processing the images, making measurements etc…

-Clay

Leo Barr
    Participant
    • Topics: 26
    • Replies: 812

Seki Cut double bevel camping deba

I like the stand you have for your microscope I have the Veho 400x which is more of a toy and takes a bit of setting up although I guess in the vice clamp of the WE would be easier I am mounting the blades on bits of specially cut battening at the moment .
    Still the Veho is good enough for the moment !

Attachments:
    wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Seki Cut double bevel camping deba

I like the stand you have for your microscope I have the Veho 400x which is more of a toy and takes a bit of setting up although I guess in the vice clamp of the WE would be easier I am mounting the blades on bits of specially cut battening at the moment .
    Still the Veho is good enough for the moment !

A lot of people do really well with the Veho scopes and they make a great, affordable solution to help visualize the effects of technique and tools. I’ve found modeling clay to be a great aid in positioning knives for photography and microscopy. You put a little lump of clay underneath the parts that need support, usually a little more than needed and then press down on the knife to create a stable platform. Usually you get a nice imprint from details in the blade/handle that make it easy to re-position the knife to see the same area again at the same angle. That said, the stand for the Dino-Lite scopes is really good and definitely worth the money. The fine height adjustment makes focusing pretty easy.

-Clay

Ken Buzbee
    Participant
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 393

Hey Clay, any ETA on these?

Thanks,

Ken

Eamon Mc Gowan
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 513

Hey Clay, any ETA on these?

Thanks,

Ken

+1

Leo Barr
    Participant
    • Topics: 26
    • Replies: 812

Surly ceramic stones will not sharpen ceramic knives or am I misguided in my thoughts I was under the impression only diamonds will do .
    I would like to see a combo of 1200 & 3 micron diamonds I think that would be more than adequate unless one wants to sharpen a ceramic straight razor ; I just want to be able to do ceramic knives I think 3 micron is fine enough that is finer by more than double than the diamond tape Edge Pro do which is 3000 grit they have a 1200 grit superfine diamond stone to precede the diamond tape .
    The DMT equivalent stones are Extra Fine 1200 9 micron & Extra extra fine 8000 3 micron which is a perfect combo that I have used on DMT benchstones to do one ceramic knife .

Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.