Advanced Search

Diamond abrasive film

Recent Forums Main Forum Product Announcements Diamond abrasive film

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

Just for sh_ts & giggles, I bought a ceramic blade (kit) from Woodcraft. I looked at it with the microscope and found it has a pretty rough (by WE standards) microbevel edge. Looks like they sharpened it on a diamond belt. It has a chip in the edge which I’ll take out with my 800/100 stones, but after that I’m limited to the 5/3.5 stropping.

Any news on offering diamond abrasive films?

Do any of you gents have any experience with ceramic stones on ceramic blades?

Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

Yeah 🙂 it will never develop a burr like normal steel will. And you have to take it to a really fine grit to get it to shave hair. I got my diamond lapping films from lee Valley and they work great. I believe that is what Tom (with Jende industries) used as well to sharpen the ceramic knife that he shaved his head with 🙂

Josh

tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

Much grass, Josh (as in mucho gracias).

I’ll be going to Lee Valley with ye olde plastic moneybag.

Leo Barr
    Participant
    • Topics: 26
    • Replies: 812

Diamonds are the only thing to use on ceramics Ceramics on ceramics are unlikely to do much . The edge is likely to chip with anything below about 1200 grit . Hopefully cClay will have the DMT plates once the production quality is sorted then it will need finishing with diamond film.

Leo Nav

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Much grass, Josh (as in mucho gracias).

I learn some new [strike]English[/strike] Spanish expressions here quite often! Love it! :cheer:

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.