Advanced Search

Cut resistant gloves?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Expidia
    Participant
    • Topics: 47
    • Replies: 339

No I haven’t sliced myself yet.  But I did have a close one after my 2nd or 3rd knife.  It was after the 1500 stone and I just touched the tip of my finger to the now razor sharp edge and sliced some skin off  a finger tip.  it was so sharp I didn’t even know I did it.  I have the plastic sheilds, but maybe I’m doing the mounting to the paddles wrong as its a bit of a pain to get them on and off and I feel like they are going to snap at some point from the pressure of getting the stone into the opening.

Either way . ..  I did some searches here for cut gloves and I think some nice thin cut resistent gloves is the way to go for me.  Whatever they cost me, its cheaper then a finger!

Looks like most are kinda bulky wintery looking ones.  I see the ones offered here at WE.  Anyone come across some thinner ones that are also easy to get on and off or should I just go with the WE ones?

Thx

Pinkfloyd
    Participant
    • Topics: 22
    • Replies: 208

Expedia,

I went with these. I tried medium size first, but they were way to tight. Got the large and i like them

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Expidia
    Participant

Thx for that quick reply.  I just ordered a pair.  I think I’m getting too complacent with my strokes and stone pressure becoming so automatic.

Have you ever watched the youtube vids where these guys are practically foundling their edges after each stone, carressing and running their fingers LENGTHWISE ALONG THE BLADE.   That scares the bejesus out of me watching that.  Especailly when they are cleaning off the edge after each stone.

I find now that my stones are all breaking in nicely and after the 1500 grit my edges start becoming crazy scary razor sharp.  I’m looking for razor edges . . .  not meat cutter’s  mitts.

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

its a bit of a pain to get them on and off and I feel like they are going to snap at some point from the pressure of getting the stone into the opening.

They are a snug fit for sure. You can take some scissors and split the narrow end to make it easier to slide on and off without an negative effects.

-Clay

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Expidia
    Participant

Ok, thx clay I’ll try that.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.