Advanced Search

Custom Accessories List (made by forum members)

Recent Forums Main Forum Pass Around and Buy / Sell / Trade Want to Sell Custom Accessories List (made by forum members)

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    airscapes
    Participant
    • Topics: 19
    • Replies: 367

Happy Holidays everyone!

Just wanted to let all the new folks know that I am still making and selling all of my accessories.

Thanks,

Doug

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Sharpnew
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 3

Happy Holidays everyone! Just wanted to let all the new folks know that I am still making and selling all of my accessories. Thanks, Doug

And you do very good work too. Thank you

1 user thanked author for this post.
    airscapes
    Participant
    • Topics: 19
    • Replies: 367

I am adding a new accessory with several variations.  These are custom fit ball joint boots that are slightly less expensive and much more stream line fitted  than the RC boots we have been selling for some time.  I am making these in 2 colors and 3 sizes.  Black is for Ed’s Cut down ball joints, in size small  for use with NO jam nut on the rod, which is how I use have mine set up, for maximum travel.  Black  Cut down Normal size  for  use with a jam Nut.  The Blue is exclusively for use on the WE Standard Ball Joints with Jam nut, pictured below.   Cost will be $4 each plus shipping, which is still base $6 for light weight items like these boots.

Once I get some more stock fabricated, both Ed and Marc will have them available  to purchase when purchased with one of their own Items.

Thanks for looking!

Attachments:
    Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

These new boots fit nice and snuggly allowing for free-rolling guide rod rotation. The new dust boots were a collaborative effort between Ed K and Doug.

I’m using the smallest boots here for the cut-down sockets with Ed’s stainless steel model micro-angle adjusters kit along with his “quick” lock-arm handles with Doug’s bump stops.  I am using thin profile 1/4-20 jam nuts on the guide rods without any issues.

20220625_113953

This photo shows my normal sharpening set-up: This includes longer guide rods with jam nuts paired with Ed’s micro-angle adjusters, quick use lock-arms, new tapered dust boots, along with Doug’s upper and lower bump stops. (I have exchanged out the standard length bump stop nylon lock screws with longer screws to allow me easier access while using taller whetstones).

20220705_150344

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

Attachments:
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.