Advanced Search

CRKT M16-01KZ

Recent Forums Main Forum Knife Photos CRKT M16-01KZ

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Thomas Meeks
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 17

Sharpened this one up tonight. Took a very nice edge and I only had to start with the 400 grit diamond stones and work my way up. I’m discovering things all the time and have lately been wondering if I’m stropping correctly, but that’s for another topic. Anyway, here are some pics.

I really like the small compactness of this knife. This and the little Kershaw Ken Onion spend the most time in my pocket.

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Nice work Tom, on both the knife and the photos!

-Clay

Thomas Meeks
    Participant

Thank you Sir! Much appreciated.

Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

Good job man! So what did you finish the edge on…? You like the poloshed edge? The 1k grit diamond is my favorite finish for an edc edge 🙂

Thomas Meeks
    Participant

I appreciate it.

I’m so new to this, I’m not sure yet what I do like. I have learned what everybody refers to as a ‘toothy’ edge though. And I can see where a polished edge seems to lose some of it’s bite.

I did this one up to the 1000 diamond stones and then the 2 sets of ceramic paddles (I skipped the 1200) and finished with just the 5 micron strops. Sort of a semi-polished edge. I think I like this so far.

BassLake Dan
    Participant
    • Topics: 11
    • Replies: 110

Thomas,

thanks for posting your pictures, they are first rate.

The M16 series is a great bunch of knives, I have the M16-10KZ. CRKT has made many iterations in this series of knives. i once tried to get a list with pictures of all of them, just for reference, but was unable to find such a listing. If anyone knows of such a list I would appreciate if they could point me to it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.