Advanced Search

Chef’s knife w/ convex factory grind (Mac Mighty)

Recent Forums Main Forum Techniques and Sharpening Strategies Tips for Specific Knife Grinds and Styles Chef’s knife w/ convex factory grind (Mac Mighty)

Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    sksharp
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 408

Scrubbing is best when done random and in different directions. The object when scrubbing is metal removal PERIOD! Edge leading strokes are when the stone is cutting into the edge and edge trailing strokes are the stone cutting away from the edge. Clamped…up is trailing and down is leading.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    sksharp
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 408

While I personally learned to sharpen (look at me, like I know how to sharpen) without a microscope and get results that I had not even imagined 1 year ago, it was not until I started using a microscope that I was able to start to figure out why something works and why it doesn’t. I don’t use a microscope a lot but when I’m trying to figure something out or I’m not getting the results I thought I should it sure can be a time saver.

I do believe that if you want to produce the best edge you are capable of producing with the WE that a microscope is essential.

Can I get along without it….YEP!!!

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.