Advanced Search

Cheap fishing lure cases to hold your stones . . .

Recent Forums Main Forum Sharpener and Accessory Maintenance Cheap fishing lure cases to hold your stones . . .

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Expidia
    Participant
    • Topics: 47
    • Replies: 339

I’ve seen these used on youtube vids when users are deomstrating how to use the WE sytem.

Tip: I was using the plastic bags that the stones came in to keep each stone set, but it became time consuming to take the stones out of the bag and back in again then onto the next set and so on and so on.  I found a lure box I had in the basement and 6 stones fit perfectly.  I went to Dicks Sporting Goods and they had the exact same plastic boxes near their tackle box display.  They were the field and stream brand 2 for $9.99.  But caution: they have two insert styles and you want the ones that the immovable spaces are vertical, not the horizontal ones.  Now I have 3 in my drawer of my crafstman tool box which I use the WE on top of.  For me I took the covers off.  But with the covers on they are a real space saver and less likely for potentially cross grit contamination when I kept each in a bag.

• This topic was modified 6 years ago by Expidia.
    • This topic was modified 6 years ago by Expidia.
    Attachments:
    2 users thanked author for this post.
    Pinkfloyd
    Participant
    • Topics: 22
    • Replies: 208

I used a Plano 3744 FlipSider Tackle Box 3700 Size (4 5/8″ Deep). Used a Dremel to cutout slots for the corners of the Platens to fit in

Attachments:
    3 users thanked author for this post.
    Expidia
    Participant

Nice!!! Very ingenious of you to come up with that idea.  For those that dont have *cases to store their stones and gear, these fishing lure boxes are a cheap  solution (Pinkfloyd’s is the BMW of cheap lure box ideas) that can keep wifey from flipping out with all the WE stuff on her dining room table . . . haha.

*Hmmm,  did I mention I posted today an OEM WE hard case in our “for sale section” section for $145 (this week).  Its an office associate’s and I can’t use it as its for a WE 100/200 system.

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by Expidia.
    Haffner
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 29

I went to Dicks Sporting Goods and they had the exact same plastic boxes near their tackle box display.

Dear Expedia,

Help, could you please give a direct link to these boxes?

Expidia
    Participant

My pleasure . .. Here ya go . . . link below!  Just make sure if you walk into a dicks (or order online) you get the model with the vertical spaces or they won’t hold 6 stones.  Field and Stream is a dicks brand.  Im sure walmart carries them too under a different brand. Mine were not priced so a clerk brought up two more as they come with a band around them in a two pack.  So they brought another two pack up which were already priced and just swapped them.  As I was walking back to the car I figured I’d check them for cracks.  Sure enough they gave me the wrong model.  So I went back in and they swapped them for the vertical spaced model again. My third one that I’ve had for proabably 15 years as a lure box says “Flambeau” on the cover so they are carried by many stores just under different brand names.  Plano (a popular fishing brand) probably makes them too.  But the ones that dicks has are a puuurfect fit for 6 WE stones.  You could probably also find a similar bigger plastic fishing box to hold all your stones and acessories.  Then you stick the WE on its base on a shelf and the plastic fishing box under it after you are done sharpening if space in your house is at a premium.

These stone holders would be a great item that WE could order from a manufacturer and slap their logo on them. Probably only run WE $1 or less each in quantity.  They are really well made for even the $10 I paid for two.  If you leave the cover in an almost closed positon you can just push on the two hinges with the tip of a screwdriver and the cover pops off if you want to keep them in a drawer like I do.   Save the cover in case you ever want to pop it back on and go fishing with your lures in them . . . :o)

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p/field-stream-360-utility-box-2-pack-16fnsafsb3602pckxtbx/16fnsafsb3602pckxtbx

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by Expidia.
    NickedEdge
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 53

Expidia et al,

Plano’s 2-3700 series are another good alternative. The dividers are easy to adjust so a pair of stones can fit in each compartment. Think I picked this tip up from Youtube as well.

Plano 2-3700 Series

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Expidia
    Participant

even better is the case I’m selling. It has all the custom cut outs for any system  and all your accessories for a we 100 we 200 it’s a great case!   It’s not mine it’s being sold by a guy in my office. 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.