Advanced Search

Case for Wicked Edge

Recent Forums Main Forum Suggestion Box Case for Wicked Edge

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    Don Llewellyn
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 43

Hmmm, I’ve got a Pelican case for my camera lenses – maybe I should try it for a WE case!

Joshua Jonas
    Participant
    • Topics: 5
    • Replies: 6

Yeah a 1550 is pricey compared to that pistol case. I’ve got one lying around that I couldn’t pass up from Craigslist, it was $60 new in box. Finally found a use for it.

Pinkfloyd
    Participant
    • Topics: 22
    • Replies: 208

Hey Guys,
    Found this website and am ordering a case from them. A little pricey, but MADE IN THE USA!
    They are putting 1″ layers of 2# foam that i can cutout to fit the profile of what i want. They are gluing 1/2″ foam on top and bottom. Plan on using plexiglass to seperate stones into 2 levels with foam glued to the plexiglass. Hope this makes sense to those who read it!

http://www.aluminumcaseco.com/

Below pasted from there website.
    Manufactured in America (Chicago, IL) with aluminum that was
    melted, rolled and processed in the United States.

Larry
    Participant
    • Replies: 44

Pink Floyd

Which case did you order and did you have to specify the different layers of foam? If you dont mind would you let us know how much the case cost.

Lucky

Pinkfloyd
    Participant

Lucky,
    I don’t have access to the Pricing that I was given, but will post when I get home.
    For the foam I just specified 1/2″ 2 lb foam glued to the lid and bottom of the case.
    They will then lay in the 1″ thick 2 lb foam unglued in the bottom (4 pieces), 1 1″ thick Piece for the top.
    I can cutout the individual 1″ pieces the way I need it, then will glue in with a glue gun.
    The cases can be anodized also. I ordered the model 216 C style case 21x13x6 for the WE.

Pinkfloyd74

Pinkfloyd
    Participant

Lucky,

Here are the prices of the cases that I had inquired about. Foam, is extra but not alot.

Model Price
    186 $ 95.70
    188 104.50
    216 112.20
    219 121.00
    246 126.50
    249 129.80
    276 142.50
    279 151.80

Scott Babineaux
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 80

Has anyone found a tray of some type to hold and separate the stones that works well?

Pinkfloyd
    Participant

babo

I am going to try thin plexiglass when i receieve my case. As you can drill and tap with screws, and a little glue and that should hold together pretty well.

Ted
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 9

I use an art supplies box I found at the Container Store – called the ArbBin IDS 600. It has six compartments that fit the WEPS stones/strops perfectly. And it costs about $10. But a small plastic lure box would probably do well too.

TedP

Joshua Jonas
    Participant
    • Replies: 6

What are the dimensions of the WEPS paddles?

John Herron
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 39

Sintra is super easy to work with easy to cut and Glues up real fast. its PVC so
    its strong and almost an instant glue up. Bends with heat easy as well.
    http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/default.aspx?catid=733&gclid=CLzz5_TV_6wCFcOP7Qodsi8tRg
    Someone needs to get out their Vacuum Bag system add some Flocking to the trays and there ya go :cheer:
    Jdee

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

What are the dimensions of the WEPS paddles?

Each individual handle with stones is 5 5/8″L x 1 3/8″H x 1″W. Of course everything comes in sets of two, so you’d need double the width or height for each set.

-Clay

Cory Nash
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 3

Has anyone found a tray of some type to hold and separate the stones that works well?

I haven’t found one but I did design one that I’m planning to ask my father to make. I’m not much of a wood worker but he is so I’m hoping he’ll make it for me.

Cory Nash
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 3

Had a friend make it for me and got it this morning. Can’t wait for the rest of the stones I ordered to show up.

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Had a friend make it for me and got it this morning. Can’t wait for the rest of the stones I ordered to show up.

Beautiful! That is really well thought out and very nicely executed.

-Clay

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 64 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.