Advanced Search

Case for Wicked Edge

Recent Forums Main Forum Suggestion Box Case for Wicked Edge

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    Edwin Lurvey
    Participant
    • Topics: 5
    • Replies: 80

I think a nice high quality case should be availabe for the WEPS. Big enough to hold the WEPS, the paperstone base, a full array of all WE stones, and thoughtfully divided for all of these items so it can be neat and proffesional. I envision this for any of us who will travel and sell our knife sharpening. It should be something durable and attractive with the Wicked Edge logo, and optional laser engraving to personalize it. Perhaps the aluminum or Pelican cases?

Don Llewellyn
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 43

Sounds real nice to me. I’ll be lugging it around and would buy a case!

Marion
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 41

No offense to WE, but I would prefer my name and logo on a case for a services/work I was providing using a tool I purchased…

But a case would be nice, just the same, even to just store the WE off the worktable.

Edwin Lurvey
    Participant

I found a pistol case at Cabela’s that fits the paperstone base, and fits perfectly with the stones beside it if you rip out the bottom foam piece. Now I just need some thin foam I can cut out a new bottom and custom fit everything else, as well as hold everything down during transport.

I dont sharpen in the case like the picture, I just put it in there assembled for reference.

Don Llewellyn
    Participant

That’s pretty sweet!

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

That is awesome!

-Clay

Edwin Lurvey
    Participant

I ordered some diced foam inserts from Amazon. I will package the whole thing up, and post pictures when it looks even better.

David
    Participant
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 47

I am so getting one of those!

wickededge
    Keymaster

Same! That will make packing for the road a lot easier.

-Clay

Edwin Lurvey
    Participant

If anyone has any ideas to seperate the stones from each other, and form a second row of stones on top of the bottom row, let’s have em! I would like a tray of sorts, even if it seperates them by 1/4″. You wouldnt fit as many stones in each layer, but 2 layers would be enough stones for most anyone. I can fit the 100/200, 400/600, 800/1000, 1200/1600, 5/3.5u, in one row (10 stones), but spacing them would drop 2 stones most likely, but if you do a second row you would be able to fit 16 stones, or do 3 rows, and fit 24 stones.

John Herron
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 39

My case, still want to make a better one though but this works for now.
    The paper towels keep the stones from moving, the top foam just touches
    the top of the vise so it does not move, got lucky there 🙂
    Jdee

Attachments:
    wickededge
    Keymaster

That looks great! I took your guys’ cue and ordered some bigger cases from Cabelas, hopefully will have them in today to experiment with. Thank you for sharing the pictures. 🙂

-Clay

Joshua Jonas
    Participant
    • Replies: 6

Could someone tell me the height of the WEPS? SO if mounted, from the base top to the peak of the clamp. I trying to determine how deep of a case I will need as my WEPS is on backorder. Thanks

Don Llewellyn
    Participant

I measure the clamp at 4 1/2 ” and the paperstone base at 1 1/4″ so 5 3/4″ total.

Joshua Jonas
    Participant
    • Replies: 6

Thanks. I going to try and put my whole WEPS system in a Pelican 1550. I’ll keep ya’ll(I’m from Georgia)posted.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 64 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.