Advanced Search

Camera Pictures

Recent Forums Main Forum Off Topic Camera Pictures

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Eamon Mc Gowan
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 513

Would someone please be so kind and explain to me how you post a picture?:blink: I have a Photobucket account, but can not seem to make the leap to posting here on WEPS. My example “the round knife discussion” I would have asked about a week ago had I known how to get it posted?
    As usual thank you to everyone helping!:cheer:

Leo Barr
    Participant
    • Topics: 26
    • Replies: 812

I perhaps do it a clumsy way on a Mac I drag the image onto the desktop I then open it with Preview then I go to tools and go to size the dimensions of the image and reduce them down to something like 6-8 cm width or height if you can link the two the image will scale ( its longer winded using Photoshop)[ Another way is to dump it into mail and then select it as a small image then drag it back onto the desktop this is probable the easiest way] not sure about windows but it is probable similar.
    Short of that it can be done in Photoshop in much the same way I imagine the difficulty uploading is if the image is too large in both measurement and in KB I shoot my real pictures with a Canon in RAW format so they are huge 15+mb and 41×37 cm you should be aiming at getting the image down to under 100kb with the listed name of type -jpg-png etc.
    I hope that helps.

tuffy braithwaite
    Participant
    • Topics: 184
    • Replies: 360

once i take the picture and i take all my pics at large pixels above 2500. then i remove the camera card and insert in puter.

i use a photo program called: InFanView – a free downloadable one – been using it for over 12 years.
    with infanview i can resize to any size i want and on here, i resize to 700 or 725……i can add captions and whatnot also…..it is just a photo program like many around, just easy to use.

now i have many phone folers on my external hard drive and some in my pictures on my puter. ALL FOLDERS HAVE A NAME…………wickededge folder and after makeing all the changes to the picture, i save it to whatever folder i want to WITH A NAME, so when i open that WE folder i will see pictures with names or numbers and i highlight it and hit the open button and it adds to this forum.

with photobucket……….u need the same……….a folder with names to save pictures into, but with photobucket u can load lots of pics on here by copying them automatically from PB…..BUT THEY HAVE TO BE IN A FOLDER OR I THINK THEY CALL THEM ALBUMS.

when u save them initally to your puter to named folder………….once u open PB, u can add from there by just clicking add photos and PB will guide u to your puter where u have the pics saves and then same as many as u want at one time to PB.

put u do not need to use PB unless u want to load several pics on WE at once….more than 1

cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505

If you have a Photobucket account, once you upload your picture to Photobucket, you should be able to just click on the IMG link, it will automatically copy to your clipboard, then just paste the link into the post. Like this…

You’d click the “IMG” box in the above photo.

i use a photo program called: InFanView – a free downloadable one – been using it for over 12 years.

Do you mean IrfanView[/url]?

Eamon Mc Gowan
    Participant

Curtis this where I get confused? I hit the IMG button it says copied? Then do I paste it in the verbage section of the post?

cbwx34
    Participant

Yup… just put the cursor where you want the photo, and paste it in.

Eamon Mc Gowan
    Participant

Hey I did it!!1 Yeah THANK YOU Curtis. You always come to the rescue!!:) 🙂 🙂 Now how do you get them all in the same message? When I tried to click in the same box it wouldn’t go? I want to learn How you do the FANCY additions to the post? Your teach an old school guy how to do this stuff. Thank you again!!

cbwx34
    Participant

You should be able to put multiple links in one post… just have to copy them one at a time.

You’ll get it. 🙂

tuffy braithwaite
    Participant
    • Topics: 184
    • Replies: 360

Do you mean IrfanView[/url]?[/quote]
    yup

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.