Advanced Search

Blaino from Australia

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat Blaino from Australia

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Blaino
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 0

Hi everybody. Just had my new pro pack 3 delivered to Townsville, Australia, after Australian customs took their cut anyway. 🤬 I have to say that after using stones all my life, and then trying different systems, this one has already impressed me beyond belief.

I pulled it out of the unreal case it came in, pulled out some cheap knives to start to break in the stones. First blade was a real cheap one. 15 minutes and mirror edge with only a few stone marks left. I just went through the stones, 100 to 1500 at 20 degrees and finished with the film that came in the set. No stropping or anything. It went through my arm hair like it was nothing.

I need to rethink my sharpness test methods or I will end up bald. Photo for reference.

Attachments:
    1 user thanked author for this post.
    Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

Welcome to the Wicked Edge Forum, Blaino.  Nice first job!!!  Thanks for sharing that.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Organic
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 929

Welcome Blaino!

Bald spots on arms are a dead giveaway of a fellow sharpener. I like to use thin paper that you find in catalogs or phone books to test the sharpness of the knife as I progress. This method has the advantage that you don’t have to take the knife out of the clamp to test the blade, so you can test in between each grit change. If you’re already getting shaving sharp results on the first knife then you’re off to a good start.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    sksharp
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 408

Welcome Blaino , your scale for sharpness is going to change very quickly Sir.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.