Advanced Search

Base Material?

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    NorCalQ
    Participant
    • Topics: 54
    • Replies: 149

Thanks.  Messed around for months trying to find the right mounting situation for these lights.  I tried the sides of the tables, wood bases..but for me, this solution works best.

Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

Here’s another worthy light solution.  I use this LED light with the weighted base.  The weighted base allows me to place it anywhere I choose to.  It is a costly lighting solution but it works very well and can be positioned and aligned directly over the knife clamped for sharpening.  It can be positioned so it doesn’t shine in my eyes.  It illuminates both sides of the knife with-out the need to move or direct the the light beam.  It does not give off heat.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

airscapes
    Participant
    • Topics: 19
    • Replies: 367

Gota love Amazon Prime.. they just delivered the $16 light NorCalQ posted yesterday.

Seems like a really well made product for the money.. will have to get it mounted and see if a single lamp mounted in front  of the vise will be sufficient.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    NorCalQ
    Participant
    • Topics: 54
    • Replies: 149

Ya…its such a nice task light, I now have 5 of them.  One is on a large floor drill press, another on a small benchtop DP setup for a specific operation, 3rd is on a small bench for clock repairs and the 2 on the WE.  I have good shop lites, but with my old eyes, the extra lighting makes a big difference.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.