Advanced Search

back ordered

Recent Forums Main Forum back ordered

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Shithead72
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 3
      <li style=”text-align: left;”>any idea when the 1500’s and the glass platens will be back in stock. Website never said they were out of stock when I placed my order. Out of everything I ordered those were what I as looking forward to the most. Just my luck of course. 
    Shithead72
    Participant
    tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

Please go back and pick a new username.  I have a really hard time calling a person I don’t know a shithead.  How about Scheisskopf?

3 users thanked author for this post.
    NotVerySharp
    Participant
    • Topics: 33
    • Replies: 56

A friend of mine says… let someone talk long enough, they will tell you all about themselves!

Amoo
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 18

Ordered mine on the 4th, sent an email today requesting an update.

Shithead72
    Participant

ordered mine on the 5th. Got a email back from W. E. that said still another week

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Hey guys,

Sorry for the delay with the 1500# stones! We got surprised by a delayed shipment of handles but they crew is working extra hard to get more set up and ready to go out. I don’t think I can get it to go any faster though maybe when the rest of the crew gets back from Portland tomorrow things can speed up.

-Clay

MarcH
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2733

Clay, any thoughts or plans to make finer diamond stones like maybe 2000 grit or 2500 grit. I like using the 1500 very much. Would think finer would be useful too.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

I think that is a good idea, MarcH, if they can be produced with the same quality as the current stones. I think these stones are of very high quality and I even like them better than Atoma’s. In the past WE also offered a 3K stone from, IIRC, DMT. As far as I was concerned that was not a success and it is not offered anymore when I look at the website.

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

1 user thanked author for this post.
    MarcH
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2733

In the past WE also offered a 3K stone from, IIRC, DMT. As far as I was concerned that was not a success and it is not offered anymore when I look at the website.

Mark, I had the same experience with the 3 micron Diamond. I knocked the diamonds off it and wore it smooth in no time. The new 1500 seems like it’ll hold up pretty well.

I like the large Atomas to lap my Shapton Pro wet stones. I’ve never experienced an Atoma mounted as a WE Stone.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

wickededge
    Keymaster

Clay, any thoughts or plans to make finer diamond stones like maybe 2000 grit or 2500 grit. I like using the 1500 very much. Would think finer would be useful too.

MarkH – I wish we could. The 1500# stones are right at the limit of what we can do right now. With the current plating technology small, localized fields occur with very small particles, causing agglomeration and creating large clusters that act as single large particles. That issue is why we dropped the DMT 3 micron stones. They weren’t able to solve the technical challenges well enough to prevent agglomeration which is why the stones always seemed much coarser than they were rated. Another strategy might be to bind the particles into a matrix like is done with Aluminum Oxide waterstones, but then you’d get issues with dishing and rapid wear. So far I’ve very satisfied with the results our diamond stone manufacturer is getting with the 1500# stones and hopefully he’ll be able to continue to push the edge and be able to offer even finer stones in the future. Maybe there’s a way to tune the current in the plating bath to prevent localized fields from forming…

-Clay

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Readheads
    Participant
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 308

Nice word “agglomeration”.  I love the 1500 stone also.  Its gotta be a real challenge to do it at the right price point.  Keep encouraging your suppliers, you and they are on the leading edge (sic).

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Shithead72
    Participant

Hey clay or anybody who might know the answer. I used my 1500’s last nigh with no issue woke up this morning to continue working on the knife and the glass on one paddle was broke.no idea what happened.  Do you guys just sell the glass insert that I can replace my broken one with by any chance?

wickededge
    Keymaster

Hey clay or anybody who might know the answer. I used my 1500’s last nigh with no issue woke up this morning to continue working on the knife and the glass on one paddle was broke.no idea what happened. Do you guys just sell the glass insert that I can replace my broken one with by any chance?

I’m guessing gremlins got it. We could send you some glass and replacement tape. I’m worried about you trying to get the broken glass out; please use extreme caution. Please give a call for replacement glass: 877-616-9911

-Clay

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.