Advanced Search

Awareness for those dealing in the public

Recent Forums Main Forum Sharpening as a Business Awareness for those dealing in the public

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

Is that per month?

Ziggy
    Participant
    • Topics: 11
    • Replies: 177

Sorry Josh,
    Missed this.
    Per year.

http://www.paperless-insurance.com

They seemed to understand a Sharpening Biz and were familiar with the needs of Framers Markets.

I’m gonna different home owner’s policies.
    I’m hearing some info that a home based rider can go for $260 a year, lowest I’ve heard about but yet to find.

Will keep posted.

Ziggy
    Participant

Wonder what exactly they call that kind of liability insurance? Lack of common sense insurance. After all it’s the customer that first has contact with something worn out and we’re supposed to make it better.

Let them suit me if they draw they’re own blood. They won’t be getting much.

Bad part is you should have it even if you enter someone’s home to dropoff, no different than liability if you were a plumber.
    Key is the property you are on.
    Markets want liability as you are on their property.

(smart ones would understand workmans comp and require that, but leave sleeping dogs lie)

Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

I asked a guy at the conference over the weekend and he said the same thing you did… 200-400 range depending on what you can work out with insurance companies. I believe he also mentioned a rider like you said Zig. Thanks for posting the link!

Ziggy
    Participant

Josh,
    That’s good news!

I’m still gonna try some home insurance and a rider .. why pay more if you can get the same for less.

But at least I know I found someone that covers.
    My guys around here came up blank.
    NJ, go figure.

Really wish I can find a sharpeners org ….. group insurance is the way to go.
    Have a Decorative plaster/painting biz … alone … $1,300.
    Through the org .. $320’s and country wide .. go figure.

Bill
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 20

I do sharpen at farmers markets..All knives I return to customers after sharpening are wrapped for travel. They are warned as to the sharpness of the blade and what to do and NOT to do with sharp knives.

Attachments:
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.