Advanced Search

Anther accessory idea?

Recent Forums Main Forum Suggestion Box Anther accessory idea?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Eamon Mc Gowan
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 513

Clay,
    As long as we are thinking about accessory ideas? How about a “square” to line up the stone/strops for the angle guide? Maybe magnetic? I tried using the the length guide as it sticks in down in the base but that is a PIA as you need as third hand? I thought it might make things easier to always return to the same location? Any thoughts?

cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505

Maybe I’m not awake yet… but what exactly are you trying to accomplish here? I can’t picture it.

Phil Pasteur
    Participant
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 944

You know, I thought the same thing .. but it was last night when I was fully awake. I simply could not visualize what was being described… still can’t, and I read the post about 8 times…
    🙂

Maybe I’m not awake yet… but what exactly are you trying to accomplish here? I can’t picture it.

Eamon Mc Gowan
    Participant

You know, I thought the same thing .. but it was last night when I was fully awake. I simply could not visualize what was being described… still can’t, and I read the post about 8 times..

I’m sorry guys apparently my communication skills suck! I know what I’m trying say? Lol? I asked a friend of mine who was over this morning how to describe it after showing him on the WE and he said draw a picture? So I’m getting my sisters camera and will mock it up and post a pic latter.

R. Jeffrey Coates
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 55

So here is my attempt to explain how I line up my angles. It works well for me.

1. Put angle cube on the heavy base in front of the blue metal base of the WEPS. Zero it.
    2. Lay the angle cube it on its back flush against the lip of the blue base (It will read “error”) lay a stone against the angle cube. It will stick together due to the magnets. slide them so the tops are both flush against the lip of the blue base. (Now they are both laying flat on the big base and flush against the blue base.
    3. Then put the stone/cube assembly on the rod.
    4. Use a straightedge across the black jaws and the stone/cube while it ison the rod. It will be vertical (or close enough) so that one can obtain a repeatable and accurate reading. Now set the angle as you would normally do.

Sorry for the cumbersome description. I’d show pics, but I just can not get that to work yet.

Eamon Mc Gowan
    Participant

So here is my attempt to explain how I line up my angles. It works well for me.

1. Put angle cube on the heavy base in front of the blue metal base of the WEPS. Zero it.
    2. Lay the angle cube it on its back flush against the lip of the blue base (It will read “error”) lay a stone against the angle cube. It will stick together due to the magnets. slide them so the tops are both flush against the lip of the blue base. (Now they are both laying flat on the big base and flush against the blue base.
    3. Then put the stone/cube assembly on the rod.

Thank you for the recommendation. I never thought of lining it up on the base that way? I’m going to try and make a model of what I’m thinking of and post it. In the mean time I think I will use a standard square.
    Thanks again!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.