Advanced Search

Another Pennsyltucky Knife Nut!

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat Another Pennsyltucky Knife Nut!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Clayton
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 2

Good morning folks! I purchased a WE GO shortly after Christmas this year with some holiday funds and quickly added the 800/1000 stones and 3/5 micron strops. I’ve had a pretty good time learning the system and have been getting better at maintaining a consistent edge height per side based largely upon a lot of reading that I’ve found here – thanks for the knowledge contributed by others!

Just joining up to contribute and ask questions when/if they come to me. Have a great one folks!

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Organic
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 929

Welcome Clayton!

tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

Welcome aboard Clayton!

Pennsyltucky?  Is that like Michiana?  I’m a Cheesehead, and I’ve never heard anyone saying they’re from Wisconois, but maybe that’s because of the Packer/Bear thingy. 😉

A little later, I looked at a map and there’s no contiguous border between PA and KY.  So maybe it’s a “by marriage” kind of thing?

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by tcmeyer.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by tcmeyer.
    airscapes
    Participant
    • Topics: 19
    • Replies: 367

I googled it..

Pennsyltucky is a slang portmanteau of the state names Pennsylvania and Kentucky. It is used to characterize—usually humorously, but sometimes deprecatingly—the rural part of the U.S. state of Pennsylvania outside the Pittsburgh and Philadelphia metropolitan areas, (Including Harrisburg–Carlisle metropolitan statistical area) more specifically applied to the local people and culture of its mountainous central Appalachian region. The term is used more generally to refer to the Appalachian region, particularly its central core, which runs from Pennsylvania to Kentucky, and its people.

Welcome Clayton!  Where abouts you from?

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by airscapes.
    1 user thanked author for this post.
    Clayton
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 2

Hey all, sorry for the suuuuuper late reply! I didn’t realize I wasn’t subscribed to my own thread and haven’t been back to check for a while.

The Pennsyltucky thing is just how we sometimes like to joke about the rural parts of PA. There is a saying that PA is “Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, and Kentucky in-between”.

I’m from a rural central part of the state that is most near Carlisle/Mechanicsburg/Harrisburg area.

airscapes
    Participant
    • Topics: 19
    • Replies: 367

Hey Clayton.. My mom lives in the Masonic Village in Etown.. I get out that way often..  dogon buggies and horse poop on the whellwells 🙂

Richard
    Participant
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 183

Welcome Clayton from the Peach State!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.