Advanced Search

A little toy for the WE.

Recent Forums Main Forum Sharpener and Accessory Maintenance A little toy for the WE.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Eamon Mc Gowan
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 513

New toy my friend made for me. It holds all the stones and then when I go wash them at the end of the day just carry it over to the sink.

Eamon Mc Gowan
    Participant

cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505

Looks good!

Eamon Mc Gowan
    Participant

Looks good!

Where is the handbook to learn all these cool little puter things you do? Thank you!

Phil Pasteur
    Participant
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 944

Your friend want to make some more…
    ??
    Real neat…
    Would be nice if you could put some kind of absorbent material on the bottom..
    🙂

Eamon Mc Gowan
    Participant

Your friend want to make some more…
    ??
    Real neat…
    Would be nice if you could put some kind of absorbent material on the bottom..
    🙂

Wow Phil that is a great idea? I never even thought of that? When I clean them with Bar Keepers Friend no matter how well I rinse there is always a chalky residue left. One step better is if it were removable and washable?
    Seeing as you are my special friend and I owe you I will see about getting one made?

Jende Industries
    Participant
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 342

That’s a great idea, Eamon! Keep them coming! :woohoo:

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Really nice! Love your Irish toast, too. I’ll use it next time I’m in the pub!

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

DARRELL ALLEN
    Participant
    • Topics: 15
    • Replies: 113

Fantastic idea here !

I am looking at doing something very similar when I get around to building my sharpening station in a special spot I’ve picked out in my basement. Basically, I have a large piece of shelving that is covered with Formica ( sp ? ) that I am going to use a piano hinge to attach to the studded walls in my basement, putting some fold up logs on the front of it, and I am going to add a couple of boards on each side of the table ( much the same design as here ) using dowel rods to hold all the stones / strops……..I will post a pic whenever I get it done…………if I can find the time to even build it. 😉

Kent
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 26

That is a great idea. Very cool.

Are the rods aluminum or something else?

Eamon Mc Gowan
    Participant

That is a great idea. Very cool.

Are the rods aluminum or something else?

Just some stainless steel rod bought in the local Miners/Ace hardware store. He was going to use brass but could not find any so went with the stainless.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.