Advanced Search

A few

Recent Forums Main Forum Knife Photos A few

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Daniel maloon
    Participant
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 209

Lady brought these convex vine’s and got some other stuff

Daniel maloon
    Participant

Two more

Leo Barr
    Participant
    • Topics: 26
    • Replies: 812

Good selection ; how are you going to to the hair cutting scissors(plus those edges look like they are convexed) & clipper blades ?
    The knife with a curved blade looks like a mushroom knife.
    The Japanese knife looks like a Sayaira Kogatana which is a woodworking knife is it double or single beveled?
    Certainly an interesting selection I imagine you have your own mushroom knife.

Daniel maloon
    Participant

The clipper blades were from some kind of beard trimmer. I just worked them as you would on a wet stone. The scissors came out very nice. I figured out a way to do convex edges that works for me. That cool mushroom knife is actually an old carpet cutting knife that was made by Klein tools I found out. I have no idea about the small knife. Its a single bevel made in Japan. That came out really clean. I need a better camera and for people to send in more of those.

Leo Barr
    Participant
    • Topics: 26
    • Replies: 812

Well done !! I do use an Edge Pro pro for scissors but it is a slow process to convex on a fixed angle machine I have done some globals that way I thinned them to the edge at 10Ëš then with the finishing stone I put a micro bevel of 15Ëš then one at 14-13-12-11 then stropped the steps out last time I did these Globals; this time I did them on Shapton bench stones covexing to the edge finishing at 16000 grit then a light strop they were quicker to do this way and sharper (since the finest stone I have for the EP is 1200grit although I do have some tapes but they fizzle out at 6000 grit.)
    My attitude is to do whatever is needed to achieve a result I like guided systems for smaller knives since they are hard to hold on bench stones and I also do the cheaper chefs knives currently on the EP although I should get my WE any day now.
    I like having a choice of how I am to sharpen a knife. If someone handed me a custom folder or sheath knife the WE will be the choice to use since both with the EP or bench stones it is possible to put the odd scratch where it is not meant to be .

Sam
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 10

Haha. Awesome job on the shears! I can’t believe some of the things the WE can do!

DARRELL ALLEN
    Participant
    • Topics: 15
    • Replies: 113

Haha. Awesome job on the shears! I can’t believe some of the things the WE can do!

me either………..simply amazing ! :woohoo:

Anyone ever attempted to sharpen a Sog Fasthawk on the WEPS ? I just recently purchased one and it has a terrible factory edge on it. 🙁

Eamon Mc Gowan
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 513

me either………..simply amazing ! :woohoo:

Anyone ever attempted to sharpen a Sog Fasthawk on the WEPS ? I just recently purchased one and it has a terrible factory edge on it. :([/quote]

I’ve done a few Sogs now and none had even bevels or what would have looked like a nice grind? But I do have to admit my good buddy has one I did and it came out scary sharp without even really trying? Just did the standard Wicked Sharp and Wow!! :woohoo:

Jack Montrose
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 67

My SOGs came very sharp but the grinds left a lot to be desired (rough and uneven). I have worked on them a little and gotten them sort of even but scary sharp with just a little stropping. I think I’ll go after them and try to get a more uniform edge (and shiny) this weekend. SOG is a good knife but they must grind them by hand. :S If we keep at it eventually we get good 😛

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.