Advanced Search

Cts204p sharpening

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Thoros
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 3

Hi,

I have recently bought a ZT0452CF, and i must say that this knife is amazing !!!

The steel is cts204p, and i’ve read that this steel needs to be sharpened with a 16 degree on each bevel.

What do you think about this ?

Thank you 

<!–more–>

cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505

Hi, I have recently bought a ZT0452CF, and i must say that this knife is amazing !!! The steel is cts204p, and i’ve read that this steel needs to be sharpened with a 16 degree on each bevel. What do you think about this ? Thank you

Sure about the steel? I thought that was the S35VN version, ( maybe they did a sprint run or something?)

At any rate, I’d see what angle it’s sharpened at and go from there. I’m sure it’ll handle a lower angle… just depends on your use… I usually recommend setting the angle based on what’s already there… then adjust accordingly.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Thoros
    Participant

Sorry for the mistake !!! my knife is a ZT562CF 

And thank you for your answer 

The topic that i have read was saying that the Optimum sharpening Angle of the cts204p was 16 degrees.

cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505

Cool.

Usually, if it’s from the factory sharpening… bevel angles may be different on each side, might be a bit off center, sometimes a microbevel is buffed in on one side to remove a burr, etc.  That’s why I suggest getting an idea of where it’s at now, matching or maybe going a little lower angle… and getting it “setup” to sharpen on theW.E. Then you can get an idea of performance and where you want to take it.

That’ll also give you an idea of how much work (if any) you’ll need to do, if 16 deg. is a reprofile job or not.

Thoros
    Participant

OK thank you. 

Thoros
    Participant

I’v found this :

http://www.zknives.com/knives/steels/Carpenter/cts-204p.shtml

“CTS-204p features very high wear and corrosion resistance. Fine grained alloy, popular choice for high end folders and small fixed blades. working hardness up to 62HRC. Excellent performance with both, coarse and high polished edges. You still need about 15° per side edge to get the best performance and edge holding.”

That’s why i was Wondering if someone of you have already sharpened the cts204p with such a low angle and get a feedback before trying that on my WE.

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.