Advanced Search

Reply To: Flexible Kitchen Knives

Recent Forums Main Forum Techniques and Sharpening Strategies Flexible Kitchen Knives Reply To: Flexible Kitchen Knives

tcmeyer
Participant
  • Topics: 38
  • Replies: 2095

I picked up a new RAM mount – suction cup mounted to the table/desk top just in front of the Gen 3 Pro.  It works really well, although I’ve only done one knife so far.  It clamps on the knife’s handle and lets you move the blade back to a minimum amount of blade tip extending out of the vise.  No more using my fingers to support a flexy knife.

The arm is actually extra long, and I moved the mount to the side to show how adaptable it is.

RAM Suction Mount

For those interested in the parts:

RAM Twist-lock Suction Cup Mount    RAP-B-224-1U   For $16 on Amazon Prime

There’s a slightly cheaper version:   RAP-B-224-2U  For $12.50 on Amazon Prime

RAM Double Socket Arm    RAM-B-201U-C   For $18.50 on Amazon Prime

RAM Small Tough-Claw  RAP-B-400U   For $31 on Amazon Prime

My Twist-Lock Mount came without the Diamond Ball Base, but I had one in stock  RAM-B-238U  For $7.50 on Amazon Prime

Edit note:  I’ve removed the links because they weren’t working correctly – probably because the items were linked to my past orders.  Please copy and paste the part numbers in Amazon’s search box.

One additional comment.  The first knife I sharpened this way wasn’t particularly long, so tonight (11/24) I sharpened the knife as shown in the photo and couldn’t believe how solidly it was clamped.  Works great!

• This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by tcmeyer.
4 users thanked author for this post.