Advanced Search

ZT0560

Recent Forums Main Forum Knife Photos ZT0560

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    BassLake Dan
    Participant
    • Topics: 11
    • Replies: 110

I was shocked that this is what you get from KAI as a factory edge, but oh well, not to worry. Tomorrow I will “give it the treatment” and post the results. Of course these photos will not be anywhere near what Clay is up to lately with his pro-grade scopes, but i will have fun with it, and *fun* is the name of the game for me. Maybe, also, in the process I might learn a thing or two.

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Great knife, Dan! I’ve had a 0560 on pre-order since December last year and… it’s still on pre-order. Where did you get it?

As for the photographs, I use photobucket (www.photobucket.com). You upload your photo there (after making an account) and photobucket provides you with an IMG code you can use to embed it in a post here. Works with other forums as well.

As an example:

To see exactly which code I inserted, press the “quote” button below, as if you wanted to reply to my message with a quote.

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Dennis Hibar
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 99

The 0560 is a great knife. I have yet to find a flaw with it. I was shocked that I was able to get one so soon. I pre-ordered with KnifeCenter the end of December and got one from the first batch that came in. Received it on the 9th of March. Super.

Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

Thanks for sharing! And for the photos guys!

Hey Dan, I use picasa web albums (which is free)… after you upload photos make sure the permissions are set to “public” or “anyone with the link” first of all. You can find this once you enter an album under the “actions” button at the top, and then click on “album properties” where you can then set permissions. After you do this, you can click on a picture within an album. You will notice a link on the right side of the page which says “link to this photo.” Select your size, check the “image only” box, and then copy the “embed image link.” You can then come on this forum and click on the “image link” icon above where you are entering the narrative and paste the link you copied in there…

This will make sense as you sign up and do it… hope this helps!

BassLake Dan
    Participant
    • Topics: 11
    • Replies: 110

Much better now, I think.. You can still see some of the residual score lines from the KAI factory edge. I removed only the minimal amount of metal on this knife, as it is a working EDC for me, and it will be back on the sharpening bench many times in its life, so therefore, eventually all those marks will be erased over time. I am in no rush…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.