Advanced Search

Your thoughts… How about a knowledge base?

Recent Forums Main Forum Suggestion Box Your thoughts… How about a knowledge base?

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    developer (ChrisB)
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 52
    • Replies: 263

2017-06-27_13-33-41

Working to make knife.wickededgeusa.com a great forum!

Attachments:
    2 users thanked author for this post.
    dulledge
    Participant
    • Topics: 12
    • Replies: 183

Looks great! KB will be awesome source of information. I would never imagine how deep this rabbit hole of sharpening will be. Thank you for doing great job! 

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

I just wanted to let you know I think the new site structure is a huge improvement: it is much more accessible and overseeable.

A few possible improvements I noted:

• If you go to http://www.wickededgeuse.com (where most people, particularly newcomers, will start) the forum is hidden in one of the submenus, whereas it is a separate entry at the top level in knife.wickededgeusa.com. It is my experience that sites with a clearly visible link to the forum on the main page come over more professionally (it shows interaction with the users is taken very seriously). So personally I would also add the top-level link to the forum on  www.wickededgeuse.com. This may also help in improving forum traffic, which has been very low for the past time.
    • The link to find dealers on  www.wickededgeuse.com is not working. I get an error message provided by the software that should help in finding dealers.
    • Cris, I’m willing to help as you asked me by PM. I have little time right know, but I hope to be able to help this weekend or maybe a little later.

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

developer (ChrisB)
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 52
    • Replies: 263

My name is Chris, and I’ve been helping Clay and Wicked Edge with some marketing and web development work for the past couple years. The ‘Developer’ profile has actually been a shared profile across of few people working on the forum, but it seems like I’m the one using it the most, so I’m going to claim it with my name! I love Wicked Edge (the team, and the products). I’m not actually a developer, although I like to dabble with it just so I know how things work with software and the internet; but most changes are made by real web developers on our team. I have a WE100 and have pre-ordered the GO – can’t wait to get my hands on it!

• For the menu, we’re working to get it right. I think you’re right that we should have a permanent top-level link to the forum; we’ll work on the best overall layout and then get it up there (caveat: I don’t make the design decisions, I just help the W.E. team with suggestions and then implementation).
    • For the Find a Dealer link, can you let me know the error message you’re seeing? I’m not seeing any errors on it, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t any!

Working to make knife.wickededgeusa.com a great forum!

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Hi Chris (and Clay, if you’re making the design decisions, and Chris’ team),

You’re doing great work; as I already wrote: I love the new structure of the website and I also think it’s very effective from a marketing point of view.

The link to Find a Dealer is working now. Maybe you were working on it when I tested it which caused the error?

Obviously I don’t know the all of the shops, however I do know the shops in the country I live in (The Netherlands). One is great (one of the best knife shops in Western Europe that has a very good assortment and great customer service – Knives And Tools) and carries many WE articles. However, the other three don’t even seem to carry WE articles. One (Rotterdam knives) did carry it in the past, but seemingly not anymore. I didn’t even know the other two shops existed (and I do know most knife-related shops in The Netherlands). Of these two shops one has a link that is not working anymore (DB Schietsport) and the other one (Multitools) has a website where it’s very difficult to log in. I managed to log in once and then it seemed it doesn’t seem to carry any WE articles.

Obviously this is not an issue for you, Chris, but for Clay, and I’ll send him a PM.

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Obviously I don’t know the all of the shops, however I do know the shops in the country I live in (The Netherlands). One is great (one of the best knife shops in Western Europe that has a very good assortment and great customer service – Knives And Tools) and carries many WE articles. However, the other three don’t even seem to carry WE articles. One (Rotterdam knives) did carry it in the past, but seemingly not anymore. I didn’t even know the other two shops (and I do know most knife-related shops in The Netherlands). Of these two shops one has a link that is not working anymore (DB Schietsport) and the other one (Multitools) has a website where it’s very difficult to log in. I managed to log in once and then it seemed it doesn’t seem to carry any WE articles.

Thanks Mark. I’ve passed it along to Kay to address since she’s our dealer manager.

-Clay

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.