Advanced Search

Wicked Edge GO, deluxe bag, and bundle package

Recent Forums Main Forum Wicked Edge GO, deluxe bag, and bundle package

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 37

I would also love to know how to upgrade the pre-order bundles.

We haven’t decided on any bundled kits yet, but we will make the deluxe bags available soon.

Seeing this, seems waiting for the bag is not a bad idea.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    ReneB3
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 4

Just received my go.  Exceeded all my expectations. I can’t imagine what a deluxe bag would be made of better than this one.  The stone selection is perfect as well. I intend to use it just as it was designed. Get knives sharp on the road.  No mirror edges or hours spent on edge art.  I also sharpen knives for friends when rving.  The 600 grit edge is far better than most have from the factory. And I can do any abused knife in 10 minutes or less. The go will be a hit and I suspect sell like nuts. When I did this with the field and sport “rv sharpening” I had them sold on the wicked edge right up till I told them $400 for the rig.  $200 should land some sales!  Great job. Thanks

Rene

5 users thanked author for this post.
    sksharp
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 408

Just received my GO today so looking forward to experiencing it. I have a WE130 but wanted to experience this and demonstrate it to others. I believe this could compete with sharpeners that are far inferior and at $199 is affordable.

I think the deluxe bag and the 800/1000 stones would be a great bundled offering. Maybe keeps the price at a good price point as well.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Organic
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 929

Just received my GO today so looking forward to experiencing it. I have a WE130 but wanted to experience this and demonstrate it to others. I believe this could compete with sharpeners that are far inferior and at $199 is affordable. I think the deluxe bag and the 800/1000 stones would be a great bundled offering. Maybe keeps the price at a good price point as well.

Be sure to write up a full review for us once you have had some time with it. It will be interesting to hear your thoughts considering you have a full fledged WE setup already.

Chester Simon
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 5

I received my WEGO on Friday. After having it a few days and going back to re-read this thread, I have the following comments.

1. One extra set of pockets will work on a bundle.  I picked up the 800/1000 stones with mine and some 0.5/0.35 strops.  I would say that an 800/1000 stone combo would be the bundled stones, but I think a 800/1200 might be better. It seems that the best edge is probably going through all progressions, but it would seem skipping a set of stones is not the end of the world.  A 200/600 and  800/1200 would be the best combo.
    2. Strops: I think these are a must, but as pointed out earlier here, a single strop is more than enough, you don’t really spend a lot of time stropping, so two, two-sided strops is overkill IMHO.
    3. Luxury case:  The case on the WEGO is perfect.  If you were going to do a bundle, I think you could keep adding and adding until the thing is too heavy to carry or you have a Field and Sport Pro.  If you want to keep it simple, refer to my comments in #1. You almost don’t need strops, you can just use the leg of your jeans.
    4. The tools on this kit are perfect, I would say the alignment guide is kind of unnecessary, but buying a Wixey angle guide is a must.  So I definitely would make it part of the package.

I love my WEGO and other than buying a set of Superfine or 1500/Glass Platens, I think its perfect.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    sksharp
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 408

Certainly Organic I will let you know what I think of it. I’ve only done one old junk knife just to familiarize myself with it’s setup, use and to start breaking the stones in.

Initial thought…it’s better constructed that I thought and I was expecting quite a bit. I think the redesign was spot on and worth the wait. Sets up quick,  very solid when clamped to the table and packs up quick and easy into a very small light package. Also the angle adjustment was a pleasant surprise. The adjusters don’t set in notches but slide smoothly inside the track and tighten with tension very securely. With an angle gauge it will be simple to set the angle pretty accurately so the micro adjusters are not really missed. It’s very smooth and worked very well on the knife I did. So far I don’t have anything but good things to report on the GO.

I will report on it more after I’ve had more experience with it.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.