Advanced Search

Wicked Edge Gen 3 Pro

Recent Forums Main Forum Getting Started Wicked Edge Gen 3 Pro

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Today I visited Knives and Tools, a (mainly internet) knife shop that is the largest in the Netherlands and pretty large in some other European countries (Germany, Belgium, UK). I like it because in many respects they are similar to WE: reasonable prices and *very* good customer service. I’d visited them a couple of time before and I service as a sort of informal adviser for them on sharpening supplies and Japanese kitchen knives.

Since a while they carry the WE Gen 3 Pro. You may think that as a mod of this forum I almost weekly or even daily get into touch with experiences with this device, but in reality I’d never seen or touched one. But today I visited KATO to try out the Gen 3.

I must say that, in spite of all of the positive remarks on this forum I was hugely impressed. Next to all of the positive thing I’ve read, one of the things that struck me is that it’s so small: it has no (large) base. And, in combination with this, it very easily fits into a well designed suitcase. And even though I know WE products are built well, I was very impressed by the build quality of this Gen 3 product.

I promised Knives and Tools I would write a review for them (for which they will send a Gen 3 Pro to my house for some time, so I can use it more extennsively :-), and even though I doubt it will add much to this site, I will also publish it here and on my blog.

Great work, Clay and the rest of the WE team!!

Here are some lousy smart phone pics I took:

Nothing negative? Well, the only thing I could find it that it just won’t fit my Fallkniven A2 by a couple of 10’s of mm’s.

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Readheads
    Participant
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 308

I have the Gen 3 Field version and it fits in even a smaller case with all my accessories included.

Custom-Case

Attachments:
    Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Very nice! I was already surpised yesterday (when I saw the Gen 3 for the first time) how small the Gen 3 is.

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.