Advanced Search

Wicked Edge for sale

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jon Rut
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 2

IMG_2119

Selling my wicked edge system.

One 100/200 stone is broken. I dropped it and the stone fell off I believe it could be fixed. The 800/1000 has a chip in the plastic but its still good to use.

Includes the wicked edge, granite base, stones from 100-1600.

Attachments:
    Jon Rut
    Participant

Silly me forgot the price.  350.00 plus actual shipping.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 427

Silly you indeed. This is the basic 299.00 dollar system with a base add 65 dollars.  This system with stone weighs 23 pounds. Shipping cost 25.00 dollars and insurance 5 dollars total= 30 dollars shipping

You can buy this system brand new with no broken stones for 364 dollars with Free shipping

you are asking 350 dollars plus 30 dollars shipping for what appears to be an  abused system. 380 dollars, replacing the two stones would be another 70 dollars making your used system 450.

why would anyone do that when they could buy a brand new system with free shipping for 364 dollars. You can ask whatever you want but in my very educated opinion. you would have to subtract shipping 30 dollars, and the cost to replace the two stones 70 dollars, plus 10 % for being used 35 dollars. total  -135 dollars.  365 dollars less 135 dollars your asking price should be no more than 230 dollars plus shipping.  IM just offering some real value… If you want to get rid of that system take 20 % off and it will go.  200 dollars plus  shipping would be of interest to someone.. But not to anyone I would know. The photo may be honest but it shows an abused system, and it doesn’t show the actual condition of the other components.

<b></b><i></i><u></u>

Good luck with your sale

Bill aka ET

Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

Silly you indeed. This is the basic 299.00 dollar system with a base add 65 dollars. This system with stone weighs 23 pounds. Shipping cost 25.00 dollars and insurance 5 dollars total= 30 dollars shipping You can buy this system brand new with no broken stones for 364 dollars with Free shipping you are asking 350 dollars plus 30 dollars shipping for what appears to be an abused system. 380 dollars, replacing the two stones would be another 70 dollars making your used system 450. why would anyone do that when they could buy a brand new system with free shipping for 364 dollars. You can ask whatever you want but in my very educated opinion. you would have to subtract shipping 30 dollars, and the cost to replace the two stones 70 dollars, plus 10 % for being used 35 dollars. total -135 dollars. 365 dollars less 135 dollars your asking price should be no more than 230 dollars plus shipping. IM just offering some real value… If you want to get rid of that system take 20 % off and it will go. 200 dollars plus shipping would be of interest to someone.. But not to anyone I would know. The photo may be honest but it shows an abused system, and it doesn’t show the actual condition of the other components. <b></b><i></i><u></u> Good luck with your sale Bill aka ET

Actually Bill, he has the 800/1k stones ($70) and the ceramics ($85), and you mentioned the granite base ($65). So total, over a basic $299 wicked edge system he has $200 in upgrades. I agree pricing could be lower, starting at say $300, but he’s not that far off. If I were interested in this system I would want to know how many knives you sharpened with the stones, and how much pressure you used, especially w/ the 800/1k grit.

Anonymous
    Inactive

You are correct, when I went to the description of the basic kit I saw 8 stones, thinking that is four sets…also you have to add 30 dollars to his price for shipping which is free on a New Unit.  It is a better deal than I originally thought, but for me, with my military discount, I get 25 % off anything I order…  With the broken stones and blocks, I still question the integrity of this system.  I think the visual description needs some real incentive to be considered..

Its just my opinion.. still wish the guy good luck with the sale.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Jon Rut
    Participant

An abused system? That’s interesting what are you basing that information on? Because my girlfriend packed the thing when I moved? and a few things got a little broken? The system has less than 10 knives on it. I could use the money for a few new things for my new house. The 800/1000 stones have very little use as I got them for my birthday in October and have only had the opportunity to use them once.  You spouting off about things before even looking well enough to be sure is quite absurd. I will take RazorEdgeKnives’ opinion and lower the price a shade to 300.00 with offers being considered.  I would be willing to not sell the granite base if someone wanted to save on the shipping there.  If that’s the case 275.00. Paypal is the only payment method I will accept. I will cover the fees.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I was trying to be helpful and not disrespectful.. I wished you good luck with your sale.. and you come back at me like this??? I apologized for a short coming and redirected my thoughts. The pictures shows broken platens and it show worn corners, its hardly a pristine offering. I can see where the finish is worn off the right side of the vise. Thank you so much for your kindness, especially since I was trying to help you make a sale.. if you think broken platens and worn corners and finish removed from the vise are pristine ,  then your perception of life is fairly skewed.

Got a little broken?  Either its broken or its not…. you make it seems like being a little pregnant is some how not as pregnant.

First you say you dropped one stone and it fell off, and your girlfriend broke a few things, there is a chip in one stone.. and the vise has been scuffed by incorrect stone clearance and I don’t have the right to say there is some abuse here?

Bill aka ET

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.