Advanced Search

What should I be doing to clean my WEPS stones?

Recent Forums Main Forum Sharpener and Accessory Maintenance What should I be doing to clean my WEPS stones?

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    dima
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 26

What about nano cloth? Is it cleanable?

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

I’ve never tried to clean it, but I think it would difficult to remove grit from within the matrix of fibers. It’s probably like cleaning carpet – you can only get it so clean.

-Clay

dima
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 26

I’ve never tried to clean it, but I think it would difficult to remove grit from within the matrix of fibers. It’s probably like cleaning carpet – you can only get it so clean.

I didn’t mean to clean it to a near brand new state so one could apply different abrasive compound. I was rather thinking about metal particles that might eventually clog it. With diamond film I need to clean it after each use, otherwise performance quickly degrades. With leather I occasionally reapply abrasive compounds on top of what’s already on it without much cleaning. With nano I’m not sure if I can treat it like leather – add same abrasive on top of whatever’s on the strop already.

It hasn’t been an issue yet, since I only use nano to put toothy microbevels. But at some point I’ll need to deal with it, I think.

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.