Advanced Search

W.E. Rack-Its Stone Holders for Sale

Recent Forums Main Forum Pass Around and Buy / Sell / Trade Want to Sell W.E. Rack-Its Stone Holders for Sale

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 206 total)
  • Author
    MarcH
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2733

I would like a medium with aluminum posts. Please send me specifics on payment. Thanks

Here’s how I do it: These are “semi-custom made” racks.  Each one I build-to-order specifically to your wants and needs.  I call them “semi-custom” since I start with premade Bamboo Cutting Boards.  These boards I sometimes use as they are or depending on what you want I may cut the bamboo to size and shape.  The aluminum or wood pegs, which ever you request, are cut, sanded and polished to length, for each individual board.  The board layout depends on what assortment of WE Stones you’re using the rack for.  For instance, wet-stones being the thickest require more space between the pegs than glass lapping film platens, diamond or ceramic stones or strops do.  I base the layout on the widest ,thickest stones you will rack so the pegs with handles in place are spaced far enough apart so they won’t touch or bump no matter where you place the widest stone in the rack.  This allows you to move the order of the handles around as you see fit to make it easy for you to work with your rack.  Depending on what you’re sharpening you may choose to place the stones in a specific order to make grabbing them easier for that particular knife and you may switch the stone order for the next knife. I want your rack to be flexible to your needs.

The number and type of paired stones dictates the base size rack I make for you.  I price the racks based on materials, labor and postage for your individual rack.  The price I quote includes everything.

I’ll send you my email address via private message, (PM).  Please send me how many pairs of stones and the breakdown of the variety of stones you’re going to need the rack to hold.  I’ll work it up to build you the smallest dimension rack, I can, to fit your stone collection.  It’s a good idea to have a few spare or open pegs for future additions to your stone variety.

Rack making is just a hobby for me. I price the racks to cover my expenses and leave me a little to replace worn tools and upgrades to make future builds easier. The labor is a “labor of love”.  I don’t charge enough to cover my labor.  Like I said it’s a hobby and I’ll do it as long as it’s still fun.

For International orders, postage is separate. I’ll work with you to accommodate your specific situation.

I look forward to working with you.

Thanks,

Marc

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

Spike2kx
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 7

I emailed you back. I can’t figure out how to reply to your message on here

Mac
    Participant
    • Replies: 8

MarcH,

I am interested in a rack with aluminum posts for 36 stones – 18 pairs.  Spacing to accommodate all wet stones.  Can you please email pricing to michael.mac.mcdonald@comcast.net.

Regards,

Mac

MarcH

Mac and Spike2kx, thank you for your inquiry,  I’ll email you directly.

Marc

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

motocoder
    Participant
    • Replies: 11

you should drill some absorbent dish mat and offer that too – would make the rack a good way to dry the stones after washing them

MarcH

I just received a couple of these 3 Drawer Bamboo Bases to configure into Wicked Edge Stone Racks.  I have made a similar size one to hold 56 stones or 28 stone pairs. 3-Drawer-Base-for-up-to-56-stones-28-pairs
    Pricing will be based on the number of pegs and the layout.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

Attachments:
    MarcH

Lg-24-Pair-metal-posts-wide
    Med-32-Stones

Here’s how I do it: These are “semi-custom made” racks.  Each one I build-to-order specifically to your wants and needs.  I call them “semi-custom” since I start with premade Bamboo Cutting Boards.  These boards I sometimes use as they are, or depending on what you want I may cut the bamboo to size and shape.  The aluminum or wood pegs, which ever you request, are hand-cut, hand-sanded and hand-polished to length, for each individual board.  The board layout depends on what assortment of WE Stones you’re using the rack for.  For instance, wet-stones being the thickest require more space between the pegs than glass lapping film platens, diamond or ceramic stones or strops do.  I base the layout on the widest, thickest stones you will rack so the pegs with stones in place are spaced far enough apart so they won’t touch or bump no matter what order you place the widest stone in the rack.  This allows you to move the order of the handles around as you see fit to make it easy for you to work with your rack.  Depending on what you’re sharpening you may choose to place the stones in a specific order to make grabbing them easier for that particular knife and you may switch the stone order for the next knife. I want your rack to be flexible to your needs.

The number and type of paired stones dictates the base size rack I make for you.  I price the racks based on materials, labor and postage for your individual rack.  The price I quote includes everything.

I’ll send you my email address via private message, (PM).  Please send me how many pairs of stones and the breakdown of the variety of stones you’re going to need the rack to hold.  I’ll work it up to build you the smallest dimension rack, I can, to fit your stone collection.  It’s a good idea to have a few spare or open pegs for future additions to your stone variety.

Rack making is just a hobby for me. I price the racks to cover my expenses and leave me a little to replace worn tools and upgrades to make future builds easier. The labor is a “labor of love”.  I don’t charge enough to cover my labor.  Like I said it’s a hobby and I’ll do it as long as it’s still fun.

For International orders, postage is separate. I’ll work with you to accommodate your specific situation.

I look forward to working with you.

Thanks,

Marc

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

Attachments:
    tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

Put some of those little plastic stick-on bumpers for feet and the bamboo will dry very nicely when you store wet stones.  We have a bamboo cutting board from Bed, Bath & Beyond and it seems to be impervious to moisture.

MarcH

Put some of those little plastic stick-on bumpers for feet and the bamboo will dry very nicely when you store wet stones. We have a bamboo cutting board from Bed, Bath & Beyond and it seems to be impervious to moisture.

Thanks for the suggestion Tom.

I apply at least a couple heavy coats of “food grade” mineral oil to protect the bamboo bases and really let it soak in, to every rack I build.  I use wet stones on almost every knife I sharpen. I have been using my rack for over a year now with no problem from moisture.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

MarcH

Rob, I got your PM inquiring about a rack with wood pegs.  I would be happy to build you a rack.  I sent you a PM with my email address.  I would like to discuss the particulars of what you need.

Marc

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

Anarchy84
    Participant
    • Topics: 5
    • Replies: 61

Shot you a PM, Marc. ??

1 user thanked author for this post.
    MarcH

Here’s Anarchy84’s medium base rack with 24 aluminum posts spaced for WE Stones, ready to ship:

Med-24-Stones-reg-spacing

Here’s Beckbuilt’s   large base rack with 36 wood posts extra widely spaced for any stones (and to help avoid cross contamination), ready to ship:

Lg-wood-36-Stones-wide-spaced
    Thanks guys, enjoy them

Marc

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

Attachments:
    4 users thanked author for this post.
    sksharp
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 408

Nice work Marc, going to be a great storage, organizer for a lot of us.

Anarchy84
    Participant
    • Topics: 5
    • Replies: 61

Looks perfect man. Thank you.

Ron
    Participant
    • Replies: 4

I purchased a medium rack with aluminum dowels from Marc and it is all he described and more. Fantastic job and well worth the cost.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 206 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.