Advanced Search

W.E. Rack-Its Stone Holders for Sale

Recent Forums Main Forum Pass Around and Buy / Sell / Trade Want to Sell W.E. Rack-Its Stone Holders for Sale

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 206 total)
  • Author
    Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

After posting a photo of this WE Mod I made on the WE Forum, a Stone Holder Rack, I received PM inquiries from a couple of forum members asking if I’d be interested in making one of these Stone Racks for them. I needed to make myself another rack since I continue to acquire more of a variety of WE Stones and I ran out of rack space. While making myself another rack I figured I’ll see if anyone else wants a rack.

I’m not looking to make a profitable business since these racks are hand-made one-offs, made with a minimum of hand tools. The labor is high, and shipping expensive. It’s just a hobby and gives me something to do to offset my expense of make them. I’m offering three sizes: Small (18 Stones -9 pairs), Med (32 Stones- 16 pairs) and Large (56 Stones- 28 pairs) with either wood posts or aluminum posts. The price is delivered, it includes all packing and shipping.

Small: wood posts $25 / alum posts $30 Sm-18-Posts
    Medium: wood posts $40 / alum posts $50Med-32-Stones
    Large: wood posts $50 / alum $65Lg-56-Stones

I am willing to make whatever size or configuration you need.

Marc

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

Attachments:
    13 users thanked author for this post.
    Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

I would jump all over this if I didn’t already have one another forum member made me about 3 years ago… Still going strong. Super convenient!

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Marc H

I would jump all over this if I didn’t already have one another forum member made me about 3 years ago… Still going strong. Super convenient!

Josh thanks for your reply. I made one after seeing yours in one of your videos you posted a couple years ago. It does work great.

Thanks,

Marc

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

If I had a little more space and wouldn’t have to store my stones and strops in a Plano box, I’d love one…

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

M1rrorEdge
    Participant
    • Topics: 8
    • Replies: 222

I made one of these myself and concur that it is a tedious task.  The value your providing at that cost is great!  If I didn’t have one, I would jump on this opportunity.

Eddie Kinlen
    M1rror Edge Sharpening Service, LLC
    +1(682)777-1622

Marc H

Lg-28-prs-wood-pegs
    Lg-56-wood-pegs

I just made this one with all wood pegs. It holds the cost down and keeps it light weight for less expensive shipping. I’m asking $40 for this one. That includes postage and handling.Lg-56-wood-pegs
    Lg-28-prs-wood-pegs
    Thanks, Marc

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

Attachments:
    dfazulak
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 4

how long does it take for you to make a large with aluminum dowels?

Marc H

It would take me about a week or so to get it to you in the U.S.A. depending on shipping time.

I want to make just what you need. For myself, I use all types of stone: diamonds, diamond lapping films, wet stones and strops so my posts are spaced further apart to accommodate the wider wet stones. So no matter how I place them in the rack they will always fit. Therefore there are less posts. The last one I just made for myself holds only 48 stones (24 pairs). If you don’t or won’t be using the thicker wet stones I can make you one that holds 56 stones or 7 rows of 8 stones, (24 pairs). I have larger boards coming to hold more than 56 stones.

Lg-24-Pair-metal-posts-wide

If you’re in a hurry I have one large (14″wide X 11″long) one with wood posts, (56) ready to ship.Lg-56-wood-pegs-1

Lg-56-wood-pegs

That one is $50 shipped. Just let me know.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

Attachments:
    1 user thanked author for this post.
    dfazulak
    Participant
    • Replies: 4

I plan on using wet stones as well, so the one that you use personally would probably be best for me as well.  How do you handle payment?

Marc H

I plan on using wet stones as well, so the one that you use personally would probably be best for me as well. How do you handle payment?

I’ll send you a private message so we can take the conversation off the forum.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

FlDon
    Participant
    • Replies: 2

I am interested in a small all wood one . Please pm me details

Thanks

Don

Marc H

I am interested in a small all wood one . Please pm me details Thanks Don

PM sent, Thanks

Marc

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

Dim
    Participant
    • Replies: 1

Hello, I would like to purchase 1 medium with aluminum posts. How can I do it?

Marc H

Hello, I would like to purchase 1 medium with aluminum posts. How can I do it?

Thanks for your interest. I’ll send you a PM.

Marc

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

FlDon
    Participant
    • Replies: 2

Got mine today , very nice. Would encourage any one looking for storage for their stones to get one of these!

Don

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 206 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.