Advanced Search

Tremor is Being Stubborn

Recent Forums Main Forum Knife Specific Discussion Kershaw / Zero Tolerance Tremor is Being Stubborn

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    TJ
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 2

So i have run into a snag with a Tremor I am sharpening for a friend, i have set it up to where it is in the top position of the clamp, set to B1/2 on the length gauge, the shape is quite complex (clip point with a recurve, google a picture you’ll see) the grind from the factory was fairly acute towards the back so i set it to about 15 degrees. Even this does no seem to hit all the way to the edge on the back and near the tip of the knife. So I took my 50/80 grits and began from about 18 degrees and tried to work the edge down by .50 degrees till i made it back down to 15. After almost two hours and i still cant seem to reach that edge by whittling it down. Am I doing something or everything wrong? Any help is appreciated and if i need to elaborate on anything ask and I’ll try to. Thanks.

Steven N. Bolin
    Participant
    • Topics: 47
    • Replies: 456

Post some pics for us to check out? B)

Pat
    Participant
    • Topics: 16
    • Replies: 114

Where is the knife in the depth gauge? bottom or top? If bottom, it likely should be in the top, from the images I saw online of this knife (assume it is a kershaw).

Yeah, we need to see some photos of how you set it up in the vice. I have a Grayman SATU which has a slight recurve then belly then drop point….I set it up like any normal knife with no recurve with no issues, so something is awry here.

https://knife.wickededgeusa.com/forum/6-techniques-and-sharpening-strategies/13391-balloon-idea-to-cover-folder-handles-pivot#21099

TJ
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 2

The knife is in the top of the depth gauge. Here are pics let me know if you all need any other specific angle. Thanks again for your interest and help.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.