Advanced Search

Tofu

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Mikedoh
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 568

Any one have favorite recipes?

For those that hate the texture: freeze, thaw, squeeze, then go about your marinating (2 hr minimum rule of thumb), then proceed to bake etc.
    Use extra firm if you dislike “the mush”.

Ken Buzbee
    Participant
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 393

For those that hate the texture: freeze, thaw, squeeze, then go about your marinating (2 hr minimum rule of thumb), then proceed to bake etc.

Tofu is fine but I vastly prefer tempeh. Made it the other day sliced, covered with Amy’s basil tomato sauce and baked. So simple, but SO GOOD,

Ken

Leo Barr
    Participant
    • Topics: 26
    • Replies: 812

The Tempeh sounds interesting !

Mikedoh

I need to buy some an try cooking with it. Fairly certain I’ve eaten it, but have never prepared it.

Ken Buzbee
    Participant

The Tempeh sounds interesting !

It’s really good. Kinda nutty. Mixes in well with lots of things.

Ken

Mikedoh

Tofu is fine but I vastly prefer tempeh. Made it the other day sliced, covered with Amy’s basil tomato sauce and baked. So simple, but SO GOOD,

Ken[/quote]

Ken,
    So just slice the tempeh (thin, thick?), cover in sauce and bake at 350? Any marinating time?

Ken Buzbee
    Participant

Ken,
    So just slice the tempeh (thin, thick?), cover in sauce and bake at 350? Any marinating time?

There’s really no wrong way. I tend to slice it 1/4″ or so. I don’t marinade it. Doesn’t really need it IMO.

But really you can put it in anything. A little BBQ, lettuce, tomato makes a great sandwich. Thin slices go well in a veggie lasagna etc etc

Ken

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.