Advanced Search

Super polished edges

Recent Forums Main Forum Knife Photos Super polished edges

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 490 total)
  • Author
    Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Wow, that’s what we call a mirror!

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Organic
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 929

Very nice! Was that done with the diamond pastes on cereal box cardboard or did you use the Edge Pro polishing tapes?

Snecx
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 56

Very nice! Was that done with the diamond pastes on cereal box cardboard or did you use the Edge Pro polishing tapes?

You remember! It was done mostly on the white thin cereal box with diamond paste. IIRC I maybe only changed the angle by 0.5dps to prevent overpolishing of the primary bevel.

I’m hoping to try the new lapping films soon. I forgot to order the 1/4″ jaws and the blade I need to sharpen can’t fit the stock jaws. So it’s just a matter of waiting for the jaws to arrive.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Taki
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 5

Mick Strider Custom SNG Knurled Titan…

I do not have enough money to buy 3 knives every month so I can grind on the Gen3 Pro 😉 it is really nice to work with this device and to see the result!

Attachments:
    4 users thanked author for this post.
    Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Great knife and a great edge!

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

Taki,  please share with the Forum the stone and grit progression use used on your Wicked Edge to get that mirror polish.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

Taki
    Participant

I do it with pleasure…
    I started with the 200 Diamond Stone and used all Siamond Stones up to the 1500 Diamond Stone. Then I switched to Diamond Lapping Film, 6 Micron, 3 Micron and 1.5 Micron.
    Finally, the leather Strophes with Diamond Emulsion in 1 micron and 0.5 micron.
    But I have replaced the original leather of the Leather Strophes with roughened leather like this:
    https://www.ebay.de/itm/XXL-Lederabziehriemen-NATUR-SOFT-Abziehleder-30cm-x-7cm-gebimste-Oberflache/282635353162?hash=item41ce613c4a:g:qvgAAOSw5cRZOHgx
    The leather has a Sandet surface and is very soft, the diamond emulsion adheres very well here and does not rub off.
    I hope Goolge Translate has translated my words correctly … if not: SORRY!
    Greetings from Germany

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Taki
    Participant

A few Pics more…

MSC Knurlded Titan

ZT0460

Böker Urban Trapper

Attachments:
    5 users thanked author for this post.
    Totenkopfelite
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 3

This was my first attempt at sharpening,  I did it with my Wicked Edge GO unit, I used the 200/600 stones that came with it, and bought 320,  1000, 1200 and 1500 grit automotive sandpaper, and used an old leather belt, as a strop with buffing compound. .

Attachments:
    2 users thanked author for this post.
    Organic
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 929

Very impressive for your first knife and I believe that this is the first entry on this thread from a GO user.

Totenkopfelite
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 3

Thank you, I was really impressed with the pictures I saw on this site, not to mention the information,  so very happy I made the purchase of the GO system..

Pinkfloyd
    Participant
    • Topics: 22
    • Replies: 208

This goes along with my post about The Ultimate Strop Setup.

I decided to do my Delica in ZDP189 to a mirror finish with all of my stropping media, but i  couldn’t use my leather strops because they would hit the vise jaws when i raised the angle by 2 deg. So this was sharpened at 18 deg from 400-1500 diamonds, 1200\1600 ceramics, 1.4u\.6u ceramics, 6u DLF – .1u DLF. Really would have liked to get the leather strops on this. But it has a nice finish

Not scratch free but a nice mirror. I reall would

Pinkfloyd
    Participant
    • Topics: 22
    • Replies: 208

This goes along with my post about The Ultimate Strop Setup.

I decided to do my Delica in ZDP189 to a mirror finish with all of my stropping media, but i  couldn’t use my leather strops because they would hit the vise jaws when i raised the angle by 2 deg. So this was sharpened at 18 deg from 400-1500 diamonds, 1200\1600 ceramics, 1.4u\.6u ceramics, 6u DLF – .1u DLF. Really would have liked to get the leather strops on this. But it has a nice finish

Not scratch free but a nice mirror. I really would have liked to use the strops.

NORTHWESTKNIFEGUY
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 1

Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 490 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.