Advanced Search

Review of top damascus gyuto by Johan van Zanten

Recent Forums Main Forum Off Topic Review of top damascus gyuto by Johan van Zanten

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

It is not my habit to place knife reviews links here to my “other” blog.  But this time I encountered such a great knife I didn’t want to deprive you of it.

I have written a review on my blog of a top gyuto by Johan van Zanten:  https://japaneseknifereviews.wordpress.com/2017/07/24/johan-van-zanten-damascus-knife/

It is one of the most beautiful knives I have ever seen and it is the best kitchen cutters I have ever encountered. It is the first knife I gave 6 out of 5 stars.

It is a very beautiful damascus knife with a special profile and geometry. It, for example, has a double concave (hollow) ground that aids a lot in food release. It also is the thinnest knife above the edge and near the tip I have ever measured, but still very strong.

Here is a picture:

Enjoy the review on my blog!

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

beautiful knife.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Organic
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 929

Wow, that blade sure has a visual impact and an innovative geometry as well. Thanks for sharing!

sksharp
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 408

Thanks Mark that is one of the most beautiful knives that I’ve seen. If you don’t mind me asking, what is the retail price and is it available now?

Mark76
    Participant

Johan has asked me to refer people interested in the knife (and his other knives) to him. His link is in the review. Success!

sksharp
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 408

OK Mark thanks for the post and the info.

Organic
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 929

Does he have an English language website? I’m also curious about pricing. They’re probably beyond my means, but it doesn’t hurt to window shop, right?

tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

Beautiful knife, no doubt.  And yes, I like to see his site in English.   I’m also interested in the price for this knife.  But the site did give me a link to a video “How to make a dildo.”

Mark76
    Participant

Organic and Tom, as I wrote above, he has asked asked me to refer people interested in the knife (and his other knives) to him. His website is indeed in Dutch. But his email adress is johan@johanvanzanten.com and he speaks English. He surely won’t have a problem with some window shopping. In fact he sent me the picture below (part of a brochure).

He is a very nice guy. And after we discovered we live in the same town he became a sort of a friend of mine.

Tom, where did you find the link to the dildo? I’m sure Johan won’t be happy with that.

Attachments:
    2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.