Advanced Search

Pro Pack ll Mirror Edge

Recent Forums Main Forum Pro Pack ll Mirror Edge

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    dulledge
    Participant
    • Topics: 12
    • Replies: 183

Another example of a wide, tooth-less, polished edge failing to cut as expected would be the skin on a tomato.  WTH?

I guess that mirror edge is better to push across very tiny amounts of material like single hairs. If amount of material is more than a hair, then toothy edge is better.

You will not saw tree trunk with very sharp mirror edge blade. Tomato skin is like a tree trunk comparing with tiny hair. You better saw it up with toothy edge.

Another difference is direction. When material goes accross the blade like in chopping, then mirror straight edge is better. When material goes along the blade like in slicing, then toothy edge is better.

Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

I may be wrong, but if I remember right, the preferred edge for the high level knife edge chopping competitions are mirrored polished edges.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

2 users thanked author for this post.
    dulledge
    Participant
    • Topics: 12
    • Replies: 183

I may be wrong, but if I remember right, the preferred edge for the high level knife edge chopping competitions are mirrored polished edges.

You are right. Thank you for pointing it. I was thinking about it too and has edited my previous post. When submitted edit, then read your post. Here is edited part I added above.

===

Another difference is direction. When material goes accross the blade like in chopping, then mirror straight edge is better. When material goes along the blade like in slicing, then toothy edge is better.

2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.