Advanced Search

Pro 3 Arrived Monday 10/17

Recent Forums Main Forum Getting Started Pro 3 Arrived Monday 10/17

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Hapslappy
    Participant
    • Topics: 8
    • Replies: 30

It was patiently waiting for me after work. I didn’t do anything with it right away other than check for damage, make sure that all parts were present and accounted for, read the manual and, of course, lovingly fondel it.

Today, Tuesday, I used it for the first time. I put  19 degree bevils on what I thought was a half dollar thrift shop beater chef’s knife that turned out to be an excellent piece of steel. I’ll never know the exact type but it was hard, tough, took a great edge and is now a valued addition to the cook shack. Not bad for half a buck.

After some initial awkwardness, I started to get the hang of it and it became a pleasure to use. In addition, no blood was spilled. I already love this gadget and will be getting plenty of practice in the near future.

Thanks, Clay and the rest of the WE crew for a great product. A bit pricey and worth every dime.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Congratulations! And good you started with a beater knife. The WEPS is very easy to use, but there is a slight learning curve. Great your first edge is so good already.

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

2 users thanked author for this post.
    378pete
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 19

It was patiently waiting for me after work. I didn’t do anything with it right away other than check for damage, make sure that all parts were present and accounted for, read the manual and, of course, lovingly fondel it. Today, Tuesday, I used it for the first time. I put 19 degree bevils on what I thought was a half dollar thrift shop beater chef’s knife that turned out to be an excellent piece of steel. I’ll never know the exact type but it was hard, tough, took a great edge and is now a valued addition to the cook shack. Not bad for half a buck. After some initial awkwardness, I started to get the hang of it and it became a pleasure to use. In addition, no blood was spilled. I already love this gadget and will be getting plenty of practice in the near future. Thanks, Clay and the rest of the WE crew for a great product. A bit pricey and worth every dime.

Keep the band aids handy

Hapslappy
    Participant

As I become more practiced at this, I have noticed that a properly honed 1000 grit edge is beyond the experience of most people. To those of us that understand truly sharp blades, that’s just a satisfactory utility edge and no big deal while others act like it’s one step short of miraculous.

Hapslappy
    Participant

Keep the band aids handy

No blood yet and I’m making a set of finger guards from a couple of plastic can lids.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.