Advanced Search

Pass Around

Recent Forums Main Forum Product Announcements Pass Around

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Hey guys,

We’re just back from Shot Show which was awesome, definitely our best one yet. We stayed super busy the whole time and met lots of great people, sharpened lots of beautiful knives. Now that I’m back, I’m thinking of doing a pass around with one of the new upgraded vise prototypes. If you’re interested in doing some beta testing, please reply to this thread. Once we have a list of names, we can make a schedule and people can contribute their addresses. I’d like to make it go fairly quickly so we can keep moving on the design. Do you guys think that 2 days would be enough time with the unit before passing it along? Brian from HI has already expressed an interest in beta testing it, so that’s 1! 🙂

-Clay

CliffCurry
    Participant
    • Topics: 42
    • Replies: 461

Cliff(in Hawaii) would be interested also if possible since its coming this way. Great idea!!!

Zamfir
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 346

Eric (In Colorado) is interested.
    Thanks!

Zamfir
    Participant

So would a feller need to unbolt the current vise then install the new vise to get it working?

Just trying to understand all that would be required to give an opinion on how long a person would need to give it a whirl.

Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

You know I am so in on this one =)

Steven N. Bolin
    Participant
    • Topics: 47
    • Replies: 456

I’d love to be a beta tester. However, I’ll leave it to the experts and long-time WEPS veterans.

I just can’t wait to hear what you guys have to say after you’ve tested it out!

Lance Waller
    Participant
    • Topics: 23
    • Replies: 138

Im def interested! 2 days should be good.

Josh Miller
    Participant
    • Topics: 5
    • Replies: 7

Just watched the video of the new jaws and that think looks SWEET! Will it eliminate the hassle of clamping a FFG blade? I know this thread is for a pass around but I just wanted to comment on that new clamp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tuffy braithwaite
    Participant
    • Topics: 184
    • Replies: 360

i am interested, but
    would rather purchase and go to using.
    please advise…………….. 🙂 ……………. 🙂
    i like it

Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

I posted this elsewhere, but since it pertains:

So a few questions that I am looking to answer w/ the pass around are :

1. Am I limited in depth of mounting to the depth key notches or can I go to the bottom of the free floating, spring loaded top part?
    2. Is there a way to make the LAA work with it w/ modification?
    3. Can I set the base bar/angles at different degrees on each side (individually) or are they set in stone? Is there a possibility of modding the system to disconnect the “simultanious” adjustment so you CAN adjust them individually when you want to? (of course I will be just looking at it, not doing any mods to this one obviously lol).
    4. Does this system come w/ the upgraded ball joint arms as an “all in one” package?

Zamfir
    Participant

I was thinking it was just the vise and not the new entire system. I did have the same questions regarding the complete system that is in between the current we and the we commercial version.
    It looked like the in between system still had the micro adjust. I am guessing that system and the commercial are specifically designed for restaurants and packing plants etc. Where they have to sharpeen the same knifes over and over and not really for the niche market of ocd geeks like us that get all into the very very slight differences a normal knife user would even care about or notice during use. We and other knife geeks are only like 2% of the general public who use knifes.

tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

Looks to me that the upgrade version keeps the existing bar and independent angle adjustments. Only the new Gen III has the single adjustment.

Daniel Nash
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 22

Dan (in Virginia) would be interested in doing the pass around, though, like tuffybraithwaite, I’m ready to buy! :cheer: Was sharpening my wife’s carving knife that has a varying taper this past weekend and was wishing I had this upgrade already.

In addition to just selling the vise as an upgrade, it would be great if you sold the Gen III without stones when it is released so current Gen II owners could get the quick angle adjust too if interested.

Cheers,
    Dan

Gib Curry
    Participant
    • Topics: 18
    • Replies: 240

In in, too.

Clay, two days would be plenty for me. I’ll line up a few different, some of my more difficult challenges and give it a whirl.

~~~~
    For Now,

Gib

Φ

"Everyday edge for the bevel headed"

"Things work out best for those who make the best out of the way things work out."

Pinkfloyd
    Participant
    • Topics: 22
    • Replies: 208

Am definitely interested
    Looks Sweet!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.