Advanced Search

New to Forum and Wicked Edge

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat New to Forum and Wicked Edge

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mac
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 8

Hello and Happy Holidays from NorCal!  I was recently given the Gen 3 Pro for Christmas and stumbled upon this Forum while researching how to use the sharpener.  Thanks for allowing me to be a part of your community; I look forward to learning from you all!!!  I will do my best to find answers to my questions prior to unnecessarily posting; however, please forgive me in advance if I do ask question/s that have been previously answered.

Regards,

Mac

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Welcome to the forum! You can find a lot of useful info here. And if you have any questioms, just ask, there’s a helpfull community here. Glad you enjoy your WEPS! And you happy holidays too!

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Mac
    Mac
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 8

As mentioned previously, I received my Gen 3 Pro last month for Christmas. Having no previous blade sharpening and/or honing experience; this forum to be a wealth of knowledge and for that, thank you for your involvement!

Personally, I chose to delve into the forum prior to setting up and using my Gen 3 Pro for the first time, which led me to purchase additional accessories that did not come with the system, i.e. 1500 Grit Diamond Stones and Blank Glass Platens Pack, 4/2 Micron Diamond Emulsion and Leather Strops Pack, 6 Micron Diamond Lapping Film, Low Angle Adapter, Digital Angle Gauge, and an USB Microscope. It’s my opinion, based on use, that the items mentioned above compliment and/or refine a blade’s edge achieved using the accessories included with the system. However, I digress.

The community’s involvement on this forum is invaluable and has indirectly helped bring clarity, solve problems, and answer questions throughout the setup, use, and maintenance processes. The Search Engine on the forum is a powerful tool when looking for answers. This new hobby is very addictive and I find myself coming back to the forum to read the various threads, just because.

Thanks again to all!!!

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Welcome to the forum! Enjoy your WEPS! And thanks for you  kind words about the forum.

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.