Advanced Search

New Products August 2016

Recent Forums Main Forum Product Announcements New Products August 2016

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Frans
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 83

Been waiting for the AAG a while now.. but $44.54 for shipping a bit of plastic seems a bit…..

I fully agree. I would like to buy the AAG as well as a pair of 12″ guide rods. The total value would be $28.- but the cheapest shipping option I get is $ 82.80 while according to the USPS shipping calculator, that option would cost $40.95 and the cheapest option would be First Class Package International for just $22.50

screenshot-www.wickededgeusa.com-2016-10-17-13-57-05

screenshot-ircalc.usps_.com-2016-10-17-14-08-30

If I would opt for just the AAG, it could be shipped as First Class Mail Mail International Large Envelop for just $8.95

screenshot-ircalc.usps_.com-2016-10-17-14-10-56

Clay or Kyle, can you offer any of these alternative shipping options? the ones that are offered now are ridiculous for these low cost items.

Frans

Attachments:
    Joe_Manco
    Participant
    • Replies: 20

While unrelated to theshipping costs, aren’t the 12″ rods standard with the ball joint arms? I bought the 14″ and believe they are only 2″ longer then the rods that came with my upgrade kit.

Kyle Kaplan
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 6
    • Replies: 27

Hey guys,

There’s something funky going on with the international shipping calculator on our website. We can ship an Advanced Alignment Guide via USPS Priority Mail International in a Small Flat Rate Box for $29.95. The 12″ Guide Rods won’t fit in that box so the shipping will be slightly higher but definitely not as high as you were quoted on the site. Please email me your shipping address: kyle@wickededgeusa.com. I’ll set up your order and send you an invoice via PayPal.

-Kyle

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

I’ve had this problem in the past, too. I gave WE (Kyle) a call and the shipping costs came out much lower.

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Kyle Kaplan
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 6
    • Replies: 27

While unrelated to theshipping costs, aren’t the 12″ rods standard with the ball joint arms? I bought the 14″ and believe they are only 2″ longer then the rods that came with my upgrade kit.

Here’s a list of the rods that come with each sharpening system or upgrade kit:

Sharpeners

• Precision Sharpener – 8″ Guide Rods (must purchase an upgrade kit that includes the ball-joint rod ends in order to change them out)
    • Pro-Pack 1 – 8″ Guide Rods (must purchase an upgrade kit that includes the ball-joint rod ends in order to change them out)
    • Pro-Pack II – 8″ Guide Rods (can be changed out)
    • Field and Sport – 8″ Guide Rods (can be changed out)
    • Generation 3 Pro – 8″ Guide Rods (can be changed out)
    • Commercial Series Sharpener – 8″ Guide Rods (can be changed out)
    • Field and Sport Pro – 10″ Guide Rods (can be changed out)

Upgrade Kits

• Pro-Pack II Upgrade Kit – 8″ Guide Rods (includes ball-joint rod ends)
    • Generation 3 Vise – 10″ Guide Rods
    • Generation 3 Vise with Ball-Joint Guide Rods – 10″ Guide Rods (includes ball-joint rod ends)

Joe, where did you purchase your system? We don’t offer 14″ rods and the 12″ rods do not come standard with any of our systems or kits.

-Kyle

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Been waiting for the AAG a while now.. but $44.54 for shipping a bit of plastic seems a bit…..

We’re having issues with our shipping calculator. Please give a call (877-616-9911) or email (sales@wickededgeusa.com) and we’ll get you taken care of.

-Clay

Frans
    Participant

I mailed Kyle and he was very helpful and I just placed my order.

Great service, thanks!

Joe_Manco
    Participant
    • Replies: 20

Here’s a list of the rods that come with each sharpening system or upgrade kit: Sharpeners

• Precision Sharpener – 8″ Guide Rods (must purchase an upgrade kit that includes the ball-joint rod ends in order to change them out)
    • Pro-Pack 1 – 8″ Guide Rods (must purchase an upgrade kit that includes the ball-joint rod ends in order to change them out)
    • Pro-Pack II – 8″ Guide Rods (can be changed out)
    • Field and Sport – 8″ Guide Rods (can be changed out)
    • Generation 3 Pro – 8″ Guide Rods (can be changed out)
    • Commercial Series Sharpener – 8″ Guide Rods (can be changed out)
    • Field and Sport Pro – 10″ Guide Rods (can be changed out)

Upgrade Kits

• Pro-Pack II Upgrade Kit – 8″ Guide Rods (includes ball-joint rod ends)
    • Generation 3 Vise – 10″ Guide Rods
    • Generation 3 Vise with Ball-Joint Guide Rods – 10″ Guide Rods (includes ball-joint rod ends)

Joe, where did you purchase your system? We don’t offer 14″ rods and the 12″ rods do not come standard with any of our systems or kits. -Kyle

Ok, that explains it, I bought the gen 3 vice upgrade kit that came with 10″, thinking they were 12″ and thought I upgraded to 14″ but obviously ordered and received 12″. Sorry about that.

phillyjudge
    Participant
    • Topics: 21
    • Replies: 63

So, the pins do not hold it in place, it flops backwards. I really am disappointed with this aspect of the guide

Frans
    Participant

So, the pins do not hold it in place, it flops backwards. I really am disappointed with this aspect of the guide

Did you try with or without a knife in the clamp?

Seems to me that it would rest against the knife.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.