Advanced Search

New Knife Database

Viewing 12 posts - 91 through 102 (of 102 total)
  • Author
    wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

The database has been growing nicely thanks to everyone’s efforts. Thank you guys! Here is a link to the incentives program in case people have forgotten about it: Knife Database Incentives Program

-Clay

wickededge
    Keymaster

The Knife Database is now searchable by User. 🙂

-Clay

Matthew Halpern
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 2

The Knife Database is really cool and something I wish existed long ago. At the very least it would be nice for makers to list their factor angles. I will be updating the database from my notes and Wicked Edges to create soon enough. Bribery will get you everywhere with me!

It would be cool if you gave an additional point if you link a close of photo of your edge. It would be nice to see the finishes people come out with as well as how large the bevel appears at such angles.

cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505

Welcome to the forum!

That’s some good ideas. You can create a post in the forum, and link to it in the Database. Maybe we could create a section under Knife Photos for Knife Photos in the Database, or something like that to keep it organized better? Or, it would be cool to have a thumbnail right in the database, but don’t know if that’s possible. You’re right… result photos would be cool.

Thanks!

wickededge
    Keymaster

Exciting news!

We have installed our Incentive Program, complete with its own Rewards Store, for the Knife Database. Now when you enter a knife, you receive 1 point. As your points accumulate, you can select items from the store. Here is a screenshot of the new Rewards Store

If you’re logged in and go to the store, which can be found as a link at the top of the Knife Database next to the Add a Knife button, you will see your earned points. I tried to add points to all who have knives in the database but may have missed some. If you see that you are missing points for knives you’ve added, please let me know and I’ll correct it.

There is also a link to the Rewards Store on the lower left of the Home Page:

-Clay

Tom Whittington
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 159

Very cool! I have a couple saved in my settings log to contribute and start heading toward some new strops 🙂

I’m still rocking the Wicked Edge hat I got from the first handful of knives I submitted. I wear it to flea markets and farmers markets where I set up sharpening on the weekends. Lots of fun and good arm exercise!

Matthew Halpern
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 2

I’ve submitted 3 so far, a ways to go to get to 20. I have a lot I need to add a little polish/stropping to with the angle cube and new arms as I have a good 15 or so I did before I got the upgraded arms and angle cube. Estimated angles :

Any suggestions on which of the strops would be beneficial to me when I get to that point? I have 1200/1600 ceramic -> 14/10 leather -> 5/3.5 leather -> and 1/.05 leather for my polishing…

cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505

Been a while since the Knife Database has been mentioned, so thought I’d bump it back up, and a reminder that there is an Incentive Program for adding knives to the Database! :woohoo:

wickededge
    Keymaster

Bumping this as a reminder to enter your knives in the database. We’re working on a mobile version that has some fantastic features. Some are geared directly toward the professional sharpener that allows them to track each customers’ knives through many sharpenings.

-Clay

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Some are geared directly toward the professional sharpener that allows them to track each customers’ knives through many sharpenings.

Wow. Looking forward!

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Mikedoh
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 570

I think that is a really great thing to offer. I don’t sharpen professionally, but I applaud your efforts to do this. And, In this case, nothing In front of the but(t) is bull

Andy Steffen
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 13

I was wondering if this was still in use. I submitted a Mora knife a little over a week ago and haven’t seen it added, nor did I get a point for the submission. Did I do something incorrectly? I’ve got plenty more to add in time.

Viewing 12 posts - 91 through 102 (of 102 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.