Advanced Search

New Knife Database

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 102 total)
  • Author
    wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Success! It looks like the new settings fields are completed and seem much easier to use. All you have to do is enter each setting you tried when you sharpened your knife and then you can rate it on a scale from 1-10. You can see an example of how it looks (still tweaking the layout a little) here by glancing down to the second to last entry for the Benchmade Mini-Auto Stryker.

There is also a nice feature you can see here where you can include a link to a discussion topic you or someone else has started. Just scroll down to the ESEE Laser Strike and look for the “Talk” link over to the right.

-Clay

wickededge
    Keymaster

Bumping this to remind everyone to enter their knife sharpening settings here: Knife Database

-Clay

wickededge
    Keymaster

Bump. 🙂

-Clay

wickededge
    Keymaster

I’m ready to employ bribery to entice everyone to enter their knives in the database.

If you enter 5 knives in the database, you’ll get Wicked Edge hat:

If you enter 10 knives, you’ll get a Digital Angle Gauge.

If you enter 15 knives, you can choose from any of the cow leather strops we offer.

If you enter 20 knives, you can choose one of the following: balsa, kangaroo or nano-cloth strops.

We’ll have to do this by the honor system. Once you’ve entered your knives and would like to redeem the credits, you’ll have to email me and let me know. Once you redeem your credits, you’ll drop back to zero until you add more knives.

Attachments:

-Clay

wickededge
    Keymaster

Thanks jolut!

-Clay

Geocyclist
    Participant
    • Topics: 25
    • Replies: 524

Thanks Clay. Nice looking hat. I am waiting on my WEPS. Hopefully only a week or two more. Wanting to use it on some days off during Thanksgiving. I was disappointed with the lack of Benchmades in the database. As a BM man I will put everyone I have in. I will also add my beaters I plan to use to break my stone in.

It would be interesting (just a thought) to include in the database a way to post photos or links to photos. First I would like to see for a given knife, how the edge looks at given angle. I would also like to see the finish. I would also like a column for “stone progression” this would be interesting if the photo was available to see the difference between different stones.

I am very glad the database already has the depth and alignment settings.

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Do I see this correctly? A Wicked Edge cap?

I’ll sharpen all of my neighbour’s knives tomorrow and record their settings 😉 .

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505

It would be interesting (just a thought) to include in the database a way to post photos or links to photos. First I would like to see for a given knife, how the edge looks at given angle. I would also like to see the finish. I would also like a column for “stone progression” this would be interesting if the photo was available to see the difference between different stones.

In a roundabout way you can… you can create a forum post… the database has a box to link the entry to the post. This would also allow for further feedback/input from others.

Dennis Gocong
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 93

Wow, this is cool!

I’ll load up the knives I’ve sharpened into the database this afternoon.

wickededge
    Keymaster

In a roundabout way you can… you can create a forum post… the database has a box to link the entry to the post. This would also allow for further feedback/input from others.[/quote]

Adding to what CBW said, there is a section in the forum for knife specific discussion. You can add a post about your knife there, post pictures, describe your experience with the knife if you choose etc… Then you can link it to your database entry so anyone checking out that knife can click on the link for a full discussion about the knife. We owe our thanks to BassLakeDan for suggesting this feature!

-Clay

cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505

Think I’m up to Baseball cap level. :woohoo: 😆

Mikedoh
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 570

Clay
    I may have a duplicate knife in the data base. It looks very similar to one you posted. I misspelled henckles. It is a two “henckles dudes”, pro s, 4 inch paring knife.

Mike

Tom Whittington
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 159

Ohhhhh bribery. I like swag.

I just got a titanium CRKT M16 (13T) in earlier this week on a whim (these things find a way into distributor orders somehow…) that I’ve been experimenting with. I’ve got the Hogue EX01 in the DB already, so I’ll see what else I’ve got! I’ve sure I’ve got a hat’s worth by now 🙂

Good thinking, Clay. Incentive-ize it!

wickededge
    Keymaster

I think I must owe some people hats! Please shoot me an email or PM if you’ve got over 5 knives in the database. 🙂

-Clay

wickededge
    Keymaster

Several (T Peters, Mikedoh, Leo) people are up over 5 and a couple are getting close. Please keep adding your knives and collecting points for swag! 🙂

-Clay

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 102 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.