Advanced Search

New guy from Portland OR

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat New guy from Portland OR

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    uilleann
    Participant
    • Topics: 18
    • Replies: 16

I started my knife habit about a year ago with a Opinel and a sharpening stone.  I now have WAY too many knives, mostly flipping folders.  I went from the stone to the Spyderco sharpmaker,  and now have a complete KME system.  The KME is a great sharpener.  All my knives have hair shaving, telephone book paper cutting, mirror edges.  But there is some play in the system where I use technique to compensate.  And probably, as a result, either remove more steel than necessary or get an convex edge.

On monday I have a WE pro pack 2 coming because I wanted to see if that system adds more precision to the process.

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Welcome to the forum, Uitleann! Great, you’re getting a WEPS.I think I you’ll like it a lot. Success with it. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Organic
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 929

Welcome to the forum! I grew up just South or Portland and my family lives in Salem and Corvallis. The KME is indeed a fine knife sharpening system. I’m not entirely sure you’ll achieve a better edge with the Wicked Edge, but the Wicked Edge does offer unmatched precision and reproducibility. With the advanced alignment guide I can re-clamp my knives in almost exactly the same way every time. My kitchen knives get a touch-up every weekend and it only takes 5 minutes per knife to get them hair-popping sharp. Being able to work both sides of the blade at the same time makes sharpening a joy.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.