Advanced Search

More Videos

Recent Forums Main Forum Suggestion Box More Videos

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Gkjarhead
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 2

So I love my wicked edge systems. However it would be nice if there were more how to videos. 

I just searched for videos on the scissor accessory and chisel accessories. And could not find anything.

At the same time. Videos on changing from gen3 vise to 2017. Or from we to gen3 2017 vise.

More Videos on each model. I currently have the sport and field. As well as pro2 and the gen 3 which I just upgraded to the 2017 gen 3 vise.

I want to see how people use the accessories. How they do smaller knives. And how they do larger knives with different grinds.

Clay seems to do a single knife every now and then but I think if you did a weekly tips and tricks. And maybe a how to on each accessories it would go along way.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Have you tried YouTube? I did a quick search and the number of videos that came up was too large to count. At the same time, I couldn’t find any videos on the scissor adapter or chisel sharpening either.

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Gkjarhead
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 2

Yes I learned a ton from YouTube. But it seems videos are dieing out. Some people think that there is enough videos. But it seems every time I watch any video on sharpening. I learn something new.

And the videos are advertising. Finding new videos on wicked edges seems lite. And I think there is a tone more info to share. Especially around technique. And bit would be good to see some around common knives. Like swiss army, Gerber and buck. I know most of us have expensive knives. However there are lots of knives out there and I know the wicked edge can put a wicked sharp edge on a common knife.

But would like to see techniques around how people sharpen common knives and use the accessories

cjb80202
    Participant
    • Topics: 5
    • Replies: 33

I’m particularly interested in the user experience for complete newbies, people who just aren’t familiar with knife sharpening systems. I think videos are a great way to overcome some of the initial intimidation of a system like WEPS which is awesome both for newbies and experts.

Anarchy84
    Participant
    • Topics: 5
    • Replies: 61

I will be receiving my Gen 3 Pro sometime in the next couple weeks. Thinking about making a newbie video once I get acquainted with the system.

Outside of a Spyderco Sharp Maker and strops to maintain my edges I have absolutely no sharpening experience. I figure it could be helpful to people thinking about making a WEPS purchase. Will be sure to post a link if I decide to do it. ??

5 users thanked author for this post.
    jabas2000
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 32
    I’m a beginner, the only experience I had was with the spyderco. My experience is by watching videos on youtube. This is the sixth knife that I have sharpend on the wicked edge. But if I do something, I’ll do it right. I bought the pro pack lll. With some extra things I had seen on the internet.

The only advantage I have is that I know how a sharp knife feels. Because my profession was butcher / assistant of the vet at the slaughterhouse. But I have almost never been able to sharpening my knives very well. That usually made professionals for me. Sorry, it’s in Dutch, My English is not so good, I usually use google translate.
    Jan
    4 users thanked author for this post.
    Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Welcome to the forum, Jabas! Congrats with your choice of the Pro Pack III, which is excellent. And by the way, you can talk Dutch to me too .

Very nice videos you made. They clearly show how you sharpen a knife with the WE.

You can also find quite a few videos on this site. Click on “how to” in the top right corner.

If you have any more questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

1 user thanked author for this post.
    wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

So I love my wicked edge systems. However it would be nice if there were more how to videos. I just searched for videos on the scissor accessory and chisel accessories. And could not find anything. At the same time. Videos on changing from gen3 vise to 2017. Or from we to gen3 2017 vise. More Videos on each model. I currently have the sport and field. As well as pro2 and the gen 3 which I just upgraded to the 2017 gen 3 vise. I want to see how people use the accessories. How they do smaller knives. And how they do larger knives with different grinds. Clay seems to do a single knife every now and then but I think if you did a weekly tips and tricks. And maybe a how to on each accessories it would go along way.

Your comments are just right. We’re scheming out a big series of videos now and will get started on them as soon as we free up a little bandwidth.

-Clay

4 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.